The following analysis, review, and assistance tools are designed to support district and school leaders in the area of leadership and governance, one of the six district standards upon which district reviews, improvement planning, and other forms of accountability and assistance are based. This standard encompasses the following indicators: focused school committee governance, effective district and school leadership, district and school improvement planning, educationally sound budget development, and effective district systems for school support and intervention.
District Data Team Toolkit
The Toolkit helps districts establish, grow, and maintain a culture of inquiry and data use that can inform decisions that impact teaching and learning, and ultimately improve the achievement of all students. It is designed to assist in the establishment of a District Data Team-a cadre of staff who is collectively responsible for the technical, organizational, and substantive aspects of data use. These Team members must be data literate and able to lead the collaborative inquiry process with both district and school staff. The Toolkit is designed around a theory of action, the Data-Driven Inquiry and Action Cycle, which provides a foundation for effective data use.
- District Data Team Toolkit file size 5MB Entire Version of the Toolkit
- Introduction to the Toolkit - Text, Tools, & Resources
- Module 1: Getting Ready (Organize for Success) - All Text, Tools, & Resources file size 1MB file size 1MB
- Module 2: Inquiry (Ask the Right Questions) - All Text, Tools, & Resources file size 2MB file size 1MB
- Module 3: Information (Collect and Analyze Data) - All Text, Tools, & Resources file size 1MB
- Module 4: Knowledge (Make Meaning of Data) - All Text, Tools, & Resources file size 1MB
- Module 5: Action - All Text, Tools, & Resources
- Module 6: Results (Look for Improvement) - All Text, Tools, & Resources file size 1MB