Adult Basic Education (ABE) teachers provide instruction to academically underprepared and limited English proficient adults, including adult literacy, secondary education for adults, and English for speakers of other languages.
ABE Licensure Requirements
Application Forms and Support Materials
- Application for Adult Basic Education License
- ABE License Renewal Application
- ABE Teacher's Checklist
- ABE Teacher's License Application Q&A
- ABE Teaching Experience Verification Form
- Teaching Observation Participation Agreement
- Credit Card Authorization Form
For those applying for the ABE Teacher's license, the license-specific test is the ABE Test Information Booklet , the first of its kind in the nation, which was introduced in 2004 for those pursuing the ABE license. Test objectives, test preparation materials, and test registration information are available on the Department's web-site at http://www.doe.mass.edu/mtel/.