Education Secretariat Public Records Requests
You can contact the Executive Office of Education, any of the three education departments, or the Children’s Trust to make a public records request (PRR) using the form below. Alternatively, the Records Access Officer (RAO) at each agency may be reached using the following email addresses:
- For records related to the business of the Children’s Trust, which is Massachusetts’ leading family support organization, developing, evaluating, and promoting parenting education and coaching programs to improve the lives of children: CT.RAO@state.ma.us
- For records related to the business of the Department of Early Education and Care, which licenses the Commonwealth’s early education and child care providers, adoption and foster care placement agencies, and residential programs; provides financial assistance to eligible families seeking care at early education and care or out-of-school-time programs; and engages in various quality improvement initiatives: EEC.RAO@state.ma.us. Individuals seeking a copy of their EEC certificate for Teacher, Lead Teacher, or Director should direct this request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information in the email: your first and last name (including maiden name), your current and previous address, your date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number.
- For records related to the business of the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, which oversees the Commonwealth’s K-12 education system and adult basic education, including school finance and district support, student assessment, curriculum and instruction, educator preparation and licensure, charter schools, vocational-technical education, English language learner programs, student support services, and special education: ESE.RAO@state.ma.us.
- For records related to the business of the Department of Higher Education, which oversees the Commonwealth’s system of public higher education and institutions and approves degree programs at many of the independent colleges in Massachusetts: DHE.RAO@state.ma.us (NOTE: For records requests pertaining to a specific public college or university, please contact the institution directly.)
- For records related to the business of the Executive Office of Education, which advises the Governor on education policy and helps shape the Commonwealth’s education agenda: EOE.RAO@state.ma.us
Only requests and questions pertaining to the PPR process or a PRR status should be sent to these email addresses. Alternatively, all public records requests can be submitted by using the form below.