An initiative funded by the Race to the Top - Early Learning Challenge (RTTT-ELC) grant, the Early Childhood Information System (ECIS) is EEC's new enterprise data warehouse designed to serve as a single source of truth for EEC business reporting. The majority of the reports listed here are required deliverables associated with the RTTT project.
As a part of the Longitudinal Data System (LDS), ECIS child and program level data will be shared across agencies to improve child outcomes and support school readiness initiatives.
- Incorporate all essential data elements to support data-driven decision making across state agencies responsible for ensuring children's healthy development, readiness and success for school.
- Build a system which is fully inter-operable with the Statewide Longitudinal Data System (SLDS), while other data systems from health, child welfare, and other systems can be linked and made interoperable.
ECIS Data Warehouse
- Provides a persistent vault for EEC enterprise data
- Provides a “source of truth” for internal reporting activity, improving the quality of reporting and reducing the reliance on disparate source systems.
- Provides the business with a more agile, centralized platform for data, reducing the time required to generate complex, multi-dimensional reports
Business Intelligence (Reporting)
- Provides better insight into EEC data, particularly children and program quality
- Allows the business to forecast with improved accuracy, reduced effort
Examples of ECIS Reports
Children by Federal Race Classification - Trend
Children by Age Group - Trend
Children by Most Common Primary Languages - Trend