IHE Mapping Project Phase I:
The IHE Mapping Project maps the current network of two and four year public and select private Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) in Massachusetts that offer an Early Childhood Education (ECE) program of study, elementary education program or program in a related field that leads to a certificate, and/or an associate's or a bachelor's degree. The project includes a school profile for each school surveyed and a searchable database of ECE degree program required coursework. Note: this information is current as of June 2010; as of July 28, 2010 state legislation was signed changing six Massachusetts' state colleges into state universities.
IHE Mapping Project Phase II:
The second phase of the project compared early childhood degree and certificate required coursework at participating IHES. The intent is to facilitate the transfer of credits between IHEs by identifying a common courses themes across institutions and mapping these courses to one or more of the EEC Core Competency areas. Resource tools from Phase II include a searchable database of required coursework for associate and bachelor level early education degree and certificate programs as well as Course Theme fact sheets that are aligned with EEC's Core Competency Areas.
- IHE Mapping Project II Final Report
- Early Childhood Education Degree and Certificate Required Courses
- Curriculum Course Theme Fact Sheet
- Family and Community Course Theme Fact Sheet
- Growth and Development Course Theme Fact Sheet
- Guidance and Discipline Course Theme Fact Sheet
- Infant and Toddler Course Theme Fact Sheet
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education Course Theme Fact Sheet
- Observing and Recording Course Theme Fact Sheet
- Working with Children with Special Needs Course Theme Fact Sheet
- How to use the IHE Course Database (Excel 2007)
Information provided by the Department of Early Education and Care . Created on: August 6, 2010. Last Updated on: June 27, 2011