AEEP supports agricultural operations that are looking to install conservation practices that prevent direct impacts on water quality, ensure efficient use of water, as well as address impacts on air quality. Farmers selected to participate in the program are reimbursed up to $20,000 for the cost of materials and labor necessary for the installation of the approved practice.
AEEP will fund conservation practices that protect water quality, ensure water conservation, and address air quality issues. All projects where the primary focus is renewable energy or energy conservation would need to apply to the Massachusetts Ag-Energy Grant Program .
Some examples of eligible projects for funding include manure waste storage, irrigation efficiency, water control structures, pesticide storage, and fencing to keep livestock out of a water resource.
Eligibility and Applying
Property must consist of land under the same ownership and be actively devoted to agricultural or horticultural use. Aquaculture operations must possess a current valid shellfish license. There is no minimum acreage requirement; however, projects that address significant resource concerns are more likely to receive funding.
The application period is now open. If interested in applying, please complete the application and return with any supporting documentation by the Wednesday, June 7, 2017 deadline. Projects that are awarded funding will need to be completed by June 30, 2018.
Grants and Funding Programs
- Agricultural Energy Grant Program (Ag-Energy)
- Agricultural Environmental Enhancement Program (AEEP)
- Agricultural Food Safety Improvement Program (AFSIP)
- APR Improvement Program (AIP)
- Farm Energy Discount Program
- Farm Viability Enhancement Program (FVEP)
- Massachusetts Emergency Food Assistance Program (MEFAP)
- Massachusetts Farm Energy Program (MFEP)
- Matching Enterprise Grants for Agriculture Program (MEGA)
- Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) Retrofit Program
- Stewardship Assistance and Restoration on APRs (SARA)
- Urban Agriculture Program