The Division of Crop and Pest Services is responsible for the regulation of the agricultural industry and pesticide application services in Massachusetts through the diligent inspection, examination, licensing, registration, quarantine, and enforcement of laws, regulations and orders.
Crop and Pest Inspectional Services ensures the quality of farm inputs, such as fertilizer, animal feed, and seeds and inspects consumer products such as plants, fruits and vegetables. The nursery inspection program prevents and minimizes the impacts of pests entering the state via imported produce and plants. The quality of farm products is monitored in conjunction with the USDA's grading program. Apiary (bee) inspections are conducted to prevent the introduction and establishment of honey bee pests and diseases.
The Pesticide Program protects public health and the environment by licensing individuals who apply pesticides, registering pesticide products used in the Commonwealth and enforcing both federal and state pesticide laws and regulations. The Pesticide Program also safeguards the public drinking water supply and provides guidance for the mixing, loading, storage and disposal of pesticides. The Pesticide Program also protects the public through the School Integrated Pest Management (IPM) requirements and through the control of mosquitoes by the State Reclamation and Mosquito Control Board.
- Asian Longhorned Beetle Information
- Aquatic Vegetation Management
- Apiary Inspection (Bees)
- Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey (CAPS)
- Pesticide Enforcement
- Commercial Feed and Pet Food Registration
- Fertilizer/Lime Registration
- Fruits and Vegetables Inspection
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) & Good Handling Practices (GHP) Audit Program
- Massachusetts Prohibited Plant List
- Pesticide Applicator and Dealer Licensing
- Pesticide Applicator Continuing Education (PACE) Credits and Contact Hours
- Pesticide Product Registration
- Water Quality and Pesticides
- Rights of Way Vegetation Management
- School Integrated Pest Mgmt (IPM)
- State Reclamation and Mosquito Control Board (SRMCB)
- See All Programs
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.