The Department invites responses from Massachusetts farmers who own or operate farm land placed under the Agricultural Preservation Restriction (“APR”) Program and who wish to participate in the Stewardship Assistance and Restoration on APRs Program (“Program”) to improve the overall utilization of APR land resources for commercial agriculture.
Funding up to $25,000 must be used primarily for identified improvements that will help restore or enhance the protected resources on APR farm property. Eligible uses of funds include costs to reclaim inactive fields to active cropland use such as; clearing vegetation, applying soil amendments, reseeding hay fields, costs for equipment rental, custom work, contractors, and approved materials and equipment to complete a project as cost effectively as possible. Funding may also be used to restore farm resources that have been negatively impacted by flooding, erosion, storms, tornadoes and other natural disasters, such as clean up, hiring contractors, or renting equipment, purchasing materials, and other crop land restoration costs.
Responses must be received at the MDAR Amherst office by 4:00 P.M., March 20, 2017 and all projects must be completed by June 30, 2017.
Grants and Funding Programs
- Agricultural Energy Grant Program (Ag-Energy)
- Agricultural Environmental Enhancement Program (AEEP)
- Agricultural Food Safety Improvement Program (AFSIP)
- APR Improvement Program (AIP)
- Farm Energy Discount Program
- Farm Viability Enhancement Program (FVEP)
- Massachusetts Emergency Food Assistance Program (MEFAP)
- Massachusetts Farm Energy Program (MFEP)
- Matching Enterprise Grants for Agriculture Program (MEGA)
- Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) Retrofit Program
- Stewardship Assistance and Restoration on APRs (SARA)
- Urban Agriculture Program