Through scientific research and old-fashioned ingenuity, aquaculture technology and culture methods progress constantly. There is a persistent need for the transfer of this information to the aquaculture industry. Fortunately, there are a number of technical and informational resources available in Massachusetts and abroad. The Department of Agricultural Resources retains an aquaculture resource library that is available for review by appointment at the MDAR office in Boston . Massachusetts is also fortunate to have three regional state aquaculture centers located in Southeastern (SEMAC), Northeastern (NEMAC), and Western (WMCSA), Massachusetts . In addition to staff expertise at each of the centers, they also house a great deal of aquaculture information. SEMAC has also established a number of satellite resource centers at regional public libraries throughout Southeastern Massachusetts . The centers are an excellent resource for technical outreach and industry support.
- Division of Agricultural Conservation and Technical Assistance
- Massachusetts Aquaculture White Paper and Strategic Plan
- Aquaculture Industry
- Permit Assistance / Regulatory Streamlining
- Technical Assistance & Information Resources
- Aquaculture Education
- Shellfish Aquaculture Best Management Practices (BMPs) file size 1MB
- BMPs for finfish growers
- Aquaculture Operation Description Form
- Aquaculture Permit Guidance Document
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.