An emergency can strike your farm at any time. It is important to be prepared with a plan of action should the need arise. Part of that plan should include information to assist emergency responders and others if called upon should a disaster like a fire, flood or disease outbreak occur. Your farm may present unique challenges in an emergency situation. Ensuring that public safety officials and emergency response planners in your community are aware of your specific needs will serve to reduce the impact of an emergency on you
and your property.
The Massachusetts Department of Agricultural resources (MDAR), Division of Animal Health, has developed a template to assist you in creating a farm emergency plan.
- Massachusetts Farm Emergency Plan Introduction
- Appendix A - Farm Emergency Contact Information
- Appendix B - Map of Farm
- Appendix C - Census of Animals on Farm
- Appendix D - Sample worksheet to test your plan
- Appendix E - Biosecurity Risk Assessment
- Appendix F - Why every farmer should be utilizing biosecurity measures
- Appendix G - Generator Information