- Farm must be at least five (5) acres in size.
- Land has to have been actively devoted to agriculture for the two (2) immediately preceding tax years.
- Farm must produce at least $500 in gross sales per year for the first five acres plus $5 for each additional acre or 50 cents per each additional acre of woodland and/or wetland.
Other criteria considered:
- Suitability and productivity of land for agricultural use based on soil classification, physical features, and location.
- The degree of threat to the continuation of agriculture on the land due to circumstances such as owner's death, retirement, financial positions, development pressure, or insecurity due to rental agreements.
- The degree to which the land is of a size or composition to be economically viable for agricultural purposes and the likelihood that it will remain in agriculture for the foreseeable future.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.