- Farm must be at least five (5) acres in size.
- Land has to have been actively devoted to agriculture for the two (2) immediately preceding tax years.
- Farm must produce at least $500 in gross sales per year for the first five acres plus $5 for each additional acre or 50 cents per each additional acre of woodland and/or wetland.
Other criteria considered:
- Suitability and productivity of land for agricultural use based on soil classification, physical features, and location.
- The degree of threat to the continuation of agriculture on the land due to circumstances such as owner's death, retirement, financial positions, development pressure, or insecurity due to rental agreements.
- The degree to which the land is of a size or composition to be economically viable for agricultural purposes and the likelihood that it will remain in agriculture for the foreseeable future.