The Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM) holds a variety of events, workshops, conferences, and public meetings. Links to current events and other event listings are provided below.
CZM Calendar Listings
Coastal Erosion Commission Report - The Massachusetts Coastal Erosion Commission is seeking public comment on its draft report, released on January 7, 2015. The commission has scheduled five regional public hearings to solicit input on the draft report. The dates and locations are:
- Boston Harbor Region - February 24, 5:00-7:00 p.m. at the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, 100 Cambridge Street, 2nd Floor Rooms C and D, Boston, MA 02114.
- South Shore Region - March 5, 5:00-7:00 p.m. at the Marshfield Senior Center, 230 Webster Street, Marshfield, MA 02050.
- North Shore Region - March 9, 5:00-7:00 p.m. at the Ipswich Town Hall 2nd Floor Selectmen’s Meeting Room, 25 Green Street, Ipswich, MA 01938.
- South Coast Region - March 19, 5:00-7:00 p.m. at the Buzzards Bay Coalition Croll Conference Room, 114 Front Street, New Bedford, MA 02740. NOTE: This meeting was rescheduled from February 5.
- Cape Cod and Islands Region - March 25, 5:00-7:00 p.m.at the Barnstable Town Hall Hearing Room, 367 Main Street, Hyannis. NOTE: This meeting was rescheduled from February 12.
Additional Coastal-Related Events
CZ-Mail - CZ-Mail is CZM's monthly email update that provides information on major CZM initiatives, available tools and publications, upcoming workshops and events, grants, contracting opportunities, job openings, legislative updates, and other news of interest to people working on coastal issues.
Other Coastal Calendars
Massachusetts Coastal Training Program (CTP) Events Calendar - CTP workshops are offered at a variety of locations. Some focus on environmental issues such as groundwater protection, aquaculture, climate change, and habitat protection, while other workshops focus on processes and skills such as resource mapping, conflict resolution, and updating environmental regulations.
Ipswich River Watershed Association Calendar - The Ipswich River Watershed Association serves as the voice of the river, dedicated to protecting water quality and quantity, fish and wildlife habitat, recreational opportunities, and scenic values of the Ipswich River Watershed.