The Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM) maintains the following five regional offices that serve 78 coastal communities:
- North Shore: Amesbury, Beverly, Danvers, Essex, Gloucester, Ipswich, Lynn, Manchester, Marblehead, Nahant, Newbury, Newburyport, Peabody, Revere, Rockport, Rowley, Salem, Salisbury, Saugus, and Swampscott
- Boston Harbor: Boston, Braintree, Chelsea, Everett, Milton, Quincy, Weymouth, and Winthrop
- South Shore: Cohasset, Duxbury, Hanover, Hingham, Hull, Kingston, Marshfield, Norwell, Pembroke, Plymouth, and Scituate
- Cape Cod and Islands: Aquinnah, Barnstable, Bourne, Brewster, Chatham, Chilmark, Dennis, Eastham, Edgartown, Falmouth, Gosnold, Harwich, Mashpee, Nantucket, Oak Bluffs, Orleans, Provincetown, Sandwich, Tisbury, Truro, Wellfleet, West Tisbury, and Yarmouth
- South Coastal: Acushnet, Berkley, Dartmouth, Dighton, Fairhaven, Fall River, Freetown, Marion, Mattapoisett, New Bedford, Rehoboth, Seekonk, Somerset, Swansea, Wareham, and Westport
The Massachusetts Coastal Zone map file size 3MB shows these regions, the coastal communities covered, and the coastal zone boundary.
Communities outside the coastal zone boundary can also receive technical assistance and other support from either the regional office nearest them or CZM's Boston office. In addition, CZM provides grant funding to all communities within the Massachusetts coastal watershed for efforts to reduce pollution of coastal waters from overland runoff.