There are currently no employment opportunities at the Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM). Please check back later or see the links below for other state and coastal-related opportunities.
- Finding a Job - Provides links to job resources in Massachusetts
- CZ-Tip - Internship/Job-Search Resources: Get into the Blue
Dam and Seawall Repair or Removal Program - The Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) is seeking applications for funding for the repair or removal of dams, levees, seawalls, and other forms of inland and coastal flood control. The Dam and Seawall Repair or Removal Program offers qualified applicants grants for final design and permitting, and grant and loan funds for repair, reconstruction, and removal. EEA encourages applicants to maximize restoration of natural systems. Projects that minimize or eliminate the use of hard infrastructure are eligible for a zero percent interest rate. To view the two Requests for Responses (RFR) and submit questions, see the COMMBUYS bid solicitations for design and permitting and construction financing. Proposals for both opportunities are due by July 21.
Buzzards Bay Municipal Mini-Grant Program - The Buzzards Bay National Estuary Program is seeking proposals for the Buzzards Bay Watershed Municipal Mini-Grant Program. Projects must implement a recommendation(s) in the Buzzards Bay Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan to protect and restore water quality and living resources in Buzzards Bay and its surrounding watershed. Eligible projects include stormwater remediation designs for discharges affecting marine waters, wetland/open space/habitat acquisition, migratory fish passage restoration, construction of boat pump-out facilities, and many other activities that support the management plan. A 33 percent match of requested funding is required and only municipalities are eligible to apply. For more information, to view the RFR, and download required forms, see the COMMBUYS website. Proposals are due by August 1.
Water Quality Monitoring Programs - The Buzzards Bay National Estuary Program is seeking proposals for the Water Quality Monitoring Programs - Buzzards Bay Watershed Mini-grant solicitation. Projects must involve inter-municipal or Buzzards Bay-wide water quality monitoring programs to characterize conditions or establish priorities for action. The monitoring may include ambient water quality monitoring, discharge monitoring, or groundwater monitoring. A U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP) is a requirement for application of funding under this solicitation. Writing and preparation of a QAPP cannot be funded with these grant funds. Acceptable grant-related costs include staff time, interns, equipment, or laboratory tests. For more information, to view the RFR, and download required forms, see the COMMBUYS website. Proposals are due by August 1.
Also, see COMMBUYS - the Commonwealth's electronic procurement system for other state opportunities.
CZM Grant Programs
- Coastal Resilience Grant Program - Grants to municipalities and nonprofit organizations to advance innovative local efforts to address coastal flooding, erosion, and sea level rise impacts through communication and public outreach initiatives, vulnerability assessments, planning activities, engineering projects, and natural storm damage protection.
- Coastal Pollutant Remediation (CPR) Program - These grants, which are administered by CZM, provide financial resources to municipalities located in the Massachusetts Coastal Watershed to assess and remediate stormwater pollution from paved surfaces and to design and construct commercial boat waste pumpout facilities.
- Coastal and Estuarine Land Conservation Program (CELCP) - This program provides federal funding for coastal and estuarine land conservation projects.
Other State Coastal-Related Grants
- Grant and Loan Programs of the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs - This web page provides information on to the EEA Grant & Loan Guide and how to obtain assistance on finding the appropriate grant programs, along with descriptions of some of the major grant programs offered through EEA.
- Available Funding for Stormwater Projects - This table provides descriptions and links to additional information on federal and state grant and loan programs that fund stormwater and water quality projects in Massachusetts.
- Funding Opportunities for Coastal Managers - This page provides descriptions of and links to grants offered through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Office for Coastal Management.
- COMMBUYS - The Commonwealth of Massachusetts electronic procurement system - This site is the official procurement record system for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Executive Departments. All Requests for Responses are posted to this site.