There are currently no employment opportunities at the Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM). Please check back later or see the links below for other state and coastal-related opportunities.
- Finding a Job - Provides links to job resources in Massachusetts
- CZ-Tip - Internship/Job-Search Resources: Get into the Blue
Coastal Resilience Grant Program - CZM is seeking proposals for the Coastal Resilience Grant Program. For Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 this program will provide up to $2 million in grants and technical assistance to coastal communities to advance innovative and transferable local coastal resilience initiatives to increase awareness and understanding of climate impacts, assess vulnerability and risk, conduct adaptation planning, and redesign vulnerable public facilities and infrastructure. Additionally, both coastal communities and certified 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organizations may seek funding for nature-based approaches (or green infrastructure) that enhance natural resources and provide storm damage protection. To view the Request for Responses (RFR) and download required forms, see the COMMBUYS website. Applications are due by June 6.
Coastal Pollutant Remediation Grant Program - CZM is seeking proposals for the Coastal Pollutant Remediation (CPR) Grant Program. For Fiscal Year 2017, the CPR program will provide up to $400,000 to municipalities located in the Massachusetts Coastal Watershed to assess and remediate stormwater pollution from paved surfaces and to design and construct commercial boat waste pumpout facilities. As much as $125,000 may be requested and a 25 percent match of the total project cost is required. Projects may not exceed one year in duration and must be completed by June 30 of each year. To view the RFR and download required forms, see the COMMBUYS website. Applications are due by June 30.
Massachusetts Bays National Estuary Program Regional Service Providers - MassBays is seeking proposals for Regional Service Providers (RSPs) for each of the five regions of the MassBays Planning Area: Upper North Shore, Lower North Shore, Metropolitan Boston, South Shore, and Cape Cod. RSPs will support the implementation of the MassBays Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan. One-year grants of up to $61,000 will be awarded for each region. For more information, to view the RFR, and download required forms, see the COMMBUYS website. Proposals are due by May 27.
Buzzards Bay Watershed Municipal Mini-Grant Program - The Buzzards Bay National Estuary Program is seeking proposals for the Buzzards Bay Municipal Minigrant Program. Projects must implement a recommendation(s) in the Buzzards Bay Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan and be principally located within the Buzzards Bay Watershed. A 33 percent match of requested funding is required and only municipalities are eligible to apply. For more information, to view the RFR, and download required forms, see the COMMBUYS website. Proposals are due by June 2.
Also, see COMMBUYS - the Commonwealth's electronic procurement system for other state opportunities.
CZM Grant Programs
- Coastal Resilience Grant Program - Grants to municipalities and nonprofit organizations to advance innovative local efforts to address coastal flooding, erosion, and sea level rise impacts through communication and public outreach initiatives, vulnerability assessments, planning activities, engineering projects, and natural storm damage protection.
- Coastal Pollutant Remediation (CPR) Program - These grants, which are administered by CZM, provide financial resources to municipalities located in the Massachusetts Coastal Watershed to assess and remediate stormwater pollution from paved surfaces and to design and construct commercial boat waste pumpout facilities.
- Coastal and Estuarine Land Conservation Program (CELCP) - This program provides federal funding for coastal and estuarine land conservation projects.
Other State Coastal-Related Grants