There are currently no employment opportunities at the Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM). Please check back later or see the links below for other state and coastal-related opportunities.
- Finding a Job - Provides links to job resources in Massachusetts
- CZ-Tip - Internship/Job-Search Resources: Get into the Blue
Characterization of Offshore Sand Resources - CZM is seeking a contractor to conduct a preliminary characterization of five (5) potential offshore sand resource areas identified in the 2015 Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan for further investigation. The characterization will include: 1) acquiring and analyzing sediment vibracores and surficial sediment samples, and 2) documenting seafloor conditions and biota with video and/or photos. Development of the data acquisition plan and the synthesis of the data will be informed by existing acoustic information available from the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). Deliverables will include a report, data analysis summaries, maps estimating the areal extent and depth of sand and other characteristics within each of the five study areas, as well as video/photos of the studied seafloor. To view the Request for Responses (RFR) and download required forms, see the COMMBUYS website. Proposals are due by April 7.
Also, see COMMBUYS - the Commonwealth's electronic procurement system for other state opportunities.
CZM Grant Programs
- Coastal Resilience Grant Program - Grants to municipalities and nonprofit organizations to advance innovative local efforts to address coastal flooding, erosion, and sea level rise impacts through communication and public outreach initiatives, vulnerability assessments, planning activities, engineering projects, and natural storm damage protection.
- Coastal Pollutant Remediation (CPR) Program - These grants, which are administered by CZM, provide financial resources to municipalities located in the Massachusetts Coastal Watershed to assess and remediate stormwater pollution from paved surfaces and to design and construct commercial boat waste pumpout facilities.
- Coastal and Estuarine Land Conservation Program (CELCP) - This program provides federal funding for coastal and estuarine land conservation projects.
Other State Coastal-Related Grants