Boston Harbor Regional Coordinator - This position has been withdrawn. For more information, see the Governor's Press Release.
National Coastal Condition Assessment - The Massachusetts Bays National Estuary Program (MassBays) is seeking proposals for a contractor to conduct water quality and sediment monitoring along the entire Massachusetts coast. This monitoring is for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) 2015 National Coastal Condition Assessment, a nationwide monitoring effort that takes place every five years and MassBays is managing the current effort. The selected contractor will collect water column and benthic grab samples from 52 stations along the Massachusetts coast the summer of 2015. All training and most supplies will be provided and sample analysis will be conducted by EPA. For more information, to view the Request for Responses, and download required forms, see the COMMBUYS website. Applications are due by February 20.
See COMMBUYS - the Commonwealth's electronic procurement system for other state opportunities.
Also, see the links below provide other state and coastal-related opportunities.
- Green Infrastructure for Coastal Resilience Grant Program - These CZM administered grants provide municipalities and nonprofits with financial and technical resources to advance the understanding and implementation of natural or nonstructural approaches to mitigating coastal erosion and flooding problems.
- Coastal Community Resilience Grant Program - These CZM administered grants provide municipalities with financial and technical resources to advance new and innovative local efforts to increase awareness of climate impacts, identify vulnerabilities, and implement measures to increase community resilience (i.e., the ability to endure impacts associated with coastal storms and the effects of erosion, flooding, and sea level rise and to respond, recover, and adapt to consequences).
- Coastal Pollutant Remediation (CPR) Program - These grants, which are administered by CZM, provide financial resources to municipalities located in the Massachusetts Coastal Watershed to assess and remediate stormwater pollution from paved surfaces and to design and construct commercial boat waste pumpout facilities.
- Coastal and Estuarine Land Conservation Program (CELCP) - This program provides federal funding for coastal and estuarine land conservation projects.
- Grant and Loan Programs of the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Funding Opportunities for Coastal Managers
- COMMBUYS - the Commonwealth's electronic procurement system