Data collected through the Marine Invader Monitoring and Information Collaborative (MIMIC) may be accessed in two ways:
- Marine Invader Tracking and Information System - The Marine Invader Tracking and Information System (MITIS) is a web-based data management resource currently in development by CZM and our partners at MIT Sea Grant. All data collected by MIMIC citizen scientists are entered into MITIS along with marine invasive species data collected through a number of other programs.
- Massachusetts Ocean Resource Information System - Data collected from the Marine Invader Monitoring and Information Collaborative is available through the Massachusetts Ocean Resource Information System (MORIS). The data layers representing the distribution of thirteen marine invasive species can be found in the Marine Invasives section of the Biological Data folder. To view MIMIC data, click on the image below.
Other AIS monitoring resources include:
- Species Identification - Download ID cards for existing and potential invaders!
- Reporting - When there is something strange ... who needs to know?
- Monitoring Partners (MIMIC) - Learn about the network of community groups and citizens watching our coast!
- Monitoring Protocol - The how-to guide for citizens monitoring for marine AIS.