The Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM) Communications Program focuses on developing web materials, publications, and events to help people understand coastal and ocean issues and implement effective management strategies. In addition to the CZM website, the CZM Communications Program supports the following products and events:
- Publications - CZM produces a variety of brochures, manuals, guidebooks, maps, and other materials to provide information on issues that affect the coast. This page lists all of the publications published and/or funded by CZM.
- CZ-Mail - This monthly electronic newsletter covers major CZM initiatives, available tools and publications, upcoming workshops and events, grants, contracting opportunities, job openings, coastal legislation, and other news of interest to people working on coastal issues.
- CZ-Tips - Each month, CZM produces a tip that covers a coastal issue in detail to help people get to, protect, and enjoy the Commonwealth's coast.
- COASTSWEEP - Every September and October, volunteers throughout Massachusetts turn out by the thousands for COASTSWEEP, the state-wide beach cleanup organized by CZM.
- Workshops and Events - CZM also sponsors workshops and other events on a variety of coastal management topics, which are posted in CZ-Mail and on the CZM calendar.
- Massachusetts Coastal and Ocean Education Guide for K-12 Teachers - CZM maintains a list of educational resources that cover coastal and ocean issues, with a special focus on Massachusetts-based programs and K-12 materials.
- Coastlines - From 2002-2008, CZM produced this publication as a periodic magazine. These editions are available online and each focused on a major coastal topic. From 1975-2001, Coastlines was a newsletter, and the index for these issues is available electronically.