January 31, 1983
- James Hoyte New Secretary at Environmental Affairs, p. 1.
- CZM Makes Available Information on Identifying Barrier Beaches, p. 1.
- Groundbreaking on City Landing Project at Old Ferry Way, p. 1.
- Secretary Hoyte Notifies Interior Secretary of Lease Sites that Are Inconsistent with CZM, p. 2.
- New Federal Land and Water Conservation Funds for Massachusetts Announced, p. 2.
- "Areas of Critical Environmental Concern; Site Summaries and Regulations" Is Released, p. 2.
February 14, 1983
- Update on Hoosic Pier Redevelopment in Charlestown, p. 1.
- MDC Announces Plan for Redesign Nut Island Sewage Treatment Plant in Quincy, p. 1.
- New York Report Traces Incidences of Shellfish Illness to Massachusetts, p. 1.
- Secretary Hoyte Rejects Interior's Compromise Proposal on OCS Leases, p. 1.
- EPA Proposes Amendments to the Federal Water Quality Regulations, p. 2.
- DEQE Releases New Regulations to the Wetlands Protection Act, p. 2.
March 14, 1983
- Interior Department Developing Plan for Private Landowners to Opt into Coastal Barrier Resources Act (CBRA) System, p. 1.
- Public Hearings on Swordfish Management Plan to Be Held, p. 1.
- Mesh Size for Groundfish Increased, p .1.
- Secretary Hoyte Accepts Nomination of Portions of Thompson's Island as ACEC, p. 2.
April 18, 1983
- Falmouth Becomes First Town to Codify ACEC Designation, p. 1.
- Public Hearings Scheduled for Bluefish, Striped Bass, Sea Scallops, p. 1.
- Senate Submits Bills on OCS Revenue Sharing, p. 2.
May 16, 1983
- New Procedures for Receiving Land and Water Conservation Fund Grants, p. 1.
- New Amendments for Reauthorization of Marine Sanctuaries Program, p. 1.
- Compromise Bill on OCS Passes the House, p. 1.
- EOEA not Pleased with New Corps State General Permit Program, p. 2.
June 6, 1983
- Public Hearing Held on Proposed Dorchester/Quincy Bay ACEC, p. 1.
- Boston Harbor Water Quality Committee Created, p. 1.
- Environmental Impact Report on Cape Cod Bay Dredge Disposal Sites Being Developed, p. 1.
- NMFS Schedules Boston Harbor Research Cruise, p. 1.
- OCS Sales Tied Up in Courts, p. 2.
June 20, 1983
- Winners of Spectacle Island Design Competition Announced, p. 1.
- Boston Harbor Water Quality Committee Meets, p. 1.
- Department of Interior Accepting Applications for Inclusion into CBRA System, p. 2.
- Draft EIS Received for OCS Lease Sale 82, p. 2.
- "Alternative" Hearing to Be Held on OCS Sale 82, p. 1.
- New Advisories in Hurricane Warning System, p. 1.
- CZM Sponsoring Conference on Tidelands Management, p. 1.
- Meeting Held for Future Dredging of the Merrimack River Inlet, p. 1.
- U.S. Coast Guard Issues Scuba Diving Regulations, p. 1.
- Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Fishery Closed, p. 2.
- Secretary Hoyte Decides not to Designate Dorchester/Quincy Bay ACEC, p. 2.
- Site Evaluation List of Potential Marine Sanctuaries Released, p. 2.
- New Secretary of Environmental Affairs--James Hoyte, p. 1.
- Local Coastal Management Efforts, p. 1.
- Summary of 1982 Programs, Including Dorchester Waterfront Plan, ACECs, Wetlands Restriction Program, etc., p. 2.
- Five Years After the Blizzard of '78, p. 4.
- Reintroduction of the OCS Revenue Sharing Bill, p. 6.
- Spectacle Island--Its Role in the Harbor Islands State Park, p. 1.
- An Update on Marine Sanctuaries, p. 1.
- 1983 CZM Legislation, p. 2.
- List of 14 CZM Publications Available to the Public, p. 3.