January 31, 1983
- James Hoyte New Secretary at Environmental Affairs, p. 1.
- CZM Makes Available Information on Identifying Barrier Beaches, p. 1.
- Groundbreaking on City Landing Project at Old Ferry Way, p. 1.
- Secretary Hoyte Notifies Interior Secretary of Lease Sites that Are Inconsistent with CZM, p. 2.
- New Federal Land and Water Conservation Funds for Massachusetts Announced, p. 2.
- "Areas of Critical Environmental Concern; Site Summaries and Regulations" Is Released, p. 2.
February 14, 1983
- Update on Hoosic Pier Redevelopment in Charlestown, p. 1.
- MDC Announces Plan for Redesign Nut Island Sewage Treatment Plant in Quincy, p. 1.
- New York Report Traces Incidences of Shellfish Illness to Massachusetts, p. 1.
- Secretary Hoyte Rejects Interior's Compromise Proposal on OCS Leases, p. 1.
- EPA Proposes Amendments to the Federal Water Quality Regulations, p. 2.
- DEQE Releases New Regulations to the Wetlands Protection Act, p. 2.
March 14, 1983
- Interior Department Developing Plan for Private Landowners to Opt into Coastal Barrier Resources Act (CBRA) System, p. 1.
- Public Hearings on Swordfish Management Plan to Be Held, p. 1.
- Mesh Size for Groundfish Increased, p .1.
- Secretary Hoyte Accepts Nomination of Portions of Thompson's Island as ACEC, p. 2.
April 18, 1983
- Falmouth Becomes First Town to Codify ACEC Designation, p. 1.
- Public Hearings Scheduled for Bluefish, Striped Bass, Sea Scallops, p. 1.
- Senate Submits Bills on OCS Revenue Sharing, p. 2.
May 16, 1983
- New Procedures for Receiving Land and Water Conservation Fund Grants, p. 1.
- New Amendments for Reauthorization of Marine Sanctuaries Program, p. 1.
- Compromise Bill on OCS Passes the House, p. 1.
- EOEA not Pleased with New Corps State General Permit Program, p. 2.
June 6, 1983
- Public Hearing Held on Proposed Dorchester/Quincy Bay ACEC, p. 1.
- Boston Harbor Water Quality Committee Created, p. 1.
- Environmental Impact Report on Cape Cod Bay Dredge Disposal Sites Being Developed, p. 1.
- NMFS Schedules Boston Harbor Research Cruise, p. 1.
- OCS Sales Tied Up in Courts, p. 2.
June 20, 1983
- Winners of Spectacle Island Design Competition Announced, p. 1.
- Boston Harbor Water Quality Committee Meets, p. 1.
- Department of Interior Accepting Applications for Inclusion into CBRA System, p. 2.
- Draft EIS Received for OCS Lease Sale 82, p. 2.
- "Alternative" Hearing to Be Held on OCS Sale 82, p. 1.
- New Advisories in Hurricane Warning System, p. 1.
- CZM Sponsoring Conference on Tidelands Management, p. 1.
- Meeting Held for Future Dredging of the Merrimack River Inlet, p. 1.
- U.S. Coast Guard Issues Scuba Diving Regulations, p. 1.
- Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Fishery Closed, p. 2.
- Secretary Hoyte Decides not to Designate Dorchester/Quincy Bay ACEC, p. 2.
- Site Evaluation List of Potential Marine Sanctuaries Released, p. 2.
- New Secretary of Environmental Affairs—James Hoyte, p. 1.
- Local Coastal Management Efforts, p. 1.
- Summary of 1982 Programs, Including Dorchester Waterfront Plan, ACECs, Wetlands Restriction Program, etc., p. 2.
- Five Years After the Blizzard of '78, p. 4.
- Reintroduction of the OCS Revenue Sharing Bill, p. 6.
- Spectacle Island—Its Role in the Harbor Islands State Park, p. 1.
- An Update on Marine Sanctuaries, p. 1.
- 1983 CZM Legislation, p. 2.
- List of 14 CZM Publications Available to the Public, p. 3.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.