- Roseate Tern Declared an Endangered Species, p. 1.
- Director's Message—Richard F. Delaney, p. 2.
- The Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and the New Wildlife Regulations, p. 4.
- Harbor Planning Program Update, p. 5.
- Governor Signs Open Space Bill, p. 5.
- Environmental Guide "And Two if by Sea; Fighting the Attack on America's Coasts, a Citizen's Guide to the U.S. Coastal Zone Management Act" Available, p. 5.
- THE BOSTON PATRIOT, Barge with Toxic Cargo Strands on Sandwich Beach, p. 6.
- The Problem with Removing a Dune, p. 7.
- CZM Sponsors Public Meeting on ACECs, p. 7.
- EOEA Names Five "Special Places" in Massachusetts, p. 7.
- Beach Erosion in Chatham Endangers Properties, p. 1.
- Excerpts from the Wetlands Protection Act, DEQE Regulations (310 CMR:10.00), p. 3.
- Eichbaum Joins EOEA as Undersecretary of Environmental Affairs, p. 4.
- New Coastal Bills Introduced for 1988 Legislative Session, p. 5.
- Final Coastal Legislative Update—1987, p. 5.
- Boatyard Preservation Program Authorized, p. 8.
- Governor Appoints Commission to Study State Environmental Programs, p. 9.
- Draft Dredging Policy Guidance Document Available, p. 10.
- Beach Cleaning Equipment—Commentary by CZM Geologist, Jeff Benoit, p. 11.
- Applications Being Accepted for New Round of CFIP Grants, p. 1.
- Update on Harbor Planning, p. 2.
- CZM Receives Positive Review from NOAA, p. 2.
- Supreme Court Offers Decision on Public Trust Case, p. 3.
- Cape Cod Marine Water Quality Task Force Formed, p. 3.
- Buzzards Bay Assigned National Status, p. 4.
- Publication "1988 Open Space Inventory" Available, p. 4.
- CZM Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary, p. 1.
- State Suspends Use of TBT in Boat Paint, p. 2.
- Studds Introduces Environmental Bills, Sponsors Coastweeks 1988, p. 2.
- Broad Sound Proposed for ACEC Status, p. 3.
- Federal Relief for Homeowners Threatened by Erosion, p. 3.
- Comments of Massachusetts to the Draft Environmental Impact Statement on Proposed North Atlantic Oil and Gas Lease Sale 96, p. 4.
- Coastal Advocacy Group Forms, p. 5.
- WBNERR Update, p. 5.
- Harbor Planning Update, p. 5.
- Coalition Seeks Volunteers for Buzzards Bay Day, p. 5.
- Massachusetts Environmental Program Ranked Top in Nation, p. 6.
- State Creates Environmental Trust Fund to Aid Boston Harbor, p. 6.
- Mass Audubon Official Named to Head DEQE, p. 6.
- CZM Southeast Office Moves, p. 8.
- Governor Calls for Tougher Controls on Offshore Drilling, Stronger State CZM Programs, p. 1.
- Legislative Update—May 1988, p. 2.
- Wooden Schooner "Adventure" Given to City of Gloucester, p. 4.
- The History and Future of the Buzzards Bay Advisory Group, p. 5.
- Celebrating Ten Years of Coastal Zone Management, p. 6.
- Hingham Landswap Produces Town-Owned Waterfront Parcel, p. 8.
- Harbor Cruises Scheduled, p. 9.
- DEM Sponsors Beach Workshop, p. 10.
- Environmental Ball Held for Proposed Broad Sound ACEC, p. 10.
- Environmental Leadership Training Institute Offered, p. 10.
- Mailing List to Be Updated, p. 11.
- Waquoit Bay Joins Federal Estuarine Reserve System, p. 1.
- Public Information Meetings Scheduled for Nonpoint Source Assessment Report, p. 1.
- Coastal Water Bodies and Their Nonpoint Sources of Pollution, p. 2.
- Harbor Planning News, p. 3.
- Tours of Deer Island, p. 3.
- New Federal Program to Limit Marine Plastic Pollution, p. 3.
- Studds Introduces Mass Bays Protection Act, p. 3.
- CZM to Organize Coastweeks Beach Cleanups, p. 4.
- CZM Organizes Beach Cleanups for Coastweeks '88, p. 1.
- Nantucket Conducts Island-Wide Cleanup, p. 2.
- Reports from the Bays Programs, p. 2.
- Hurricane Season upon Us, p. 2.
- Coastweeks Cleanup Schedule, p. 2.
- Belle Isle Marsh Reservation Schedules 2nd Anniversary Celebration, p. 3.
- Rumney Marsh Designated ACEC, p. 3.
- State Acquires 361 Acres of Cape Land Along Quashnet River, p. 3.
- CFIP and Harbor Planning Grant Applications Now Being Reviewed by CZM, p. 3.
- Officials Break Ground for MWRA Project at Deer Island, p. 4.
- Sculpture to Highlight Coastweeks Cleanup, p. 1.
- Establishing a National Oceans Policy Commission, p. 2.
- Cape Cod Task Force Seeks to Control Coastal Pollution, p. 2.
- Back River Wildlife Sanctuary Dedicated, p. 2.
- The North Atlantic Right Whale, p. 3.
- DEQE to Conduct Nonpoint Source Control Demonstration Project, p. 4.
- Report from the Bays Programs, p. 4.
- Guidebook to Plastics in the Oceans Now Available, p. 4.
- Pamet Designated Scenic River, p. 4.
- Beach Cleanups Collect 25 Tons of Debris, p. 1.
- Plastic Dumping Rules Issued, p. 2.
- Particular Individuals and Groups Commended for COASTSWEEP Efforts, p. 2.
- Trash from Massachusetts Beaches Recycled into Artwork in Plymouth, p. 2.
- Letters from the Osterville Bay School Cleanup Project, p. 3.
- Hurricane of '38 Video Produced, p. 3.
- Announcing the Sixth Symposium on Coastal and Ocean Management, p. 3.
- Reports from the Bays Programs, p. 3.
- Boston Harbor/Mass Bays Annual Symposium, p. 3.
- Growth Management Forum Sponsored by the New England Environmental Network, p. 4.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.