January /March 1990
- Governor Signs Cape Cod Commission Act, p. 1.
- CZMA Reauthorization before Congress, p. 2.
- Donations Sought for Repair of Lobster Hatchery, p. 6.
- Federal Land and Water Conservation Fund Celebrates Silver Anniversary, p. 7.
- Local Initiatives Theme of December Harbormasters Conference, p. 7.
- DEP Wetlands Setback Rules for Title V, p. 7.
- WBNERR Researchers Awarded $2 Million Grant, p. 8.
- Massachusetts Bays Join National Estuary Program, p. 1.
- Sanctuary Status for Stellwagen Bank under Review, p. 2.
- CZMA Reauthorization, p. 3.
- New Bedford Superfund Cleanup, p. 3.
- CZM to Review Seabrook Wastewater Facility, p. 4.
- Right Whale Bill Goes to House, p. 4.
- Cape Cod Commission Act Becomes Law, p. 4.
- Buzzards Bay Program Issues RFPs, p. 5.
- Martha's Vineyard Land Bank Purchases Wascosim's Rock Property in West Tisbury, p. 5.
- Water Monitoring Program for Crane's Reservation Area Proposed, p. 5.
- Massachusetts Coastal Legislation for 1990, p. 6.
- Vermont Case Reaffirms Waterfront Public Trust Rights, p. 9.
- Documentary Looks at Fishing Industry, p. 10.
- CZM Appoints New Cape Cod Coordinator, p. 10.
- Buzzards Bay Program Adds Staff, p. 10.
- Governor Names Environmental Heroes, p. 11.
- CZM North Shore Office Moves, p. 11.
- House Bill 4030, the Reauthorization of the Coastal Zone Management Act Introduced, p. 12.
- Massachusetts First to Issue National Estuary Program Plan, p. 1.
- Recommendations for One Buzzards Bay Action Plan on Septic Systems Reaches State Level, p. 2.
- CZMA Reauthorization Debated, p. 3.
- State Regulations Revised on Procurement Procedures, p. 3.
- CZM Wins National Environmental Council Award, p. 3.
- Gulf of Maine Council Established, p. 3.
- Hull High School Adopts Environmental Theme, p. 3.
- Ship Cited for Illegal Dumping, p. 3.
- Red Tide Closes Eastern Massachusetts Shellfish Beds, p. 4.
- Cruise Ship Grounds in Buzzards Bay, p. 4.
- CZM Adds Harbor Planning Specialist, p. 6.
- Hurricane Season Approaches, p. 6.
- Naming Hurricanes, p. 6.
- Land Bank Preserves Gay Head View, p. 7.
- EOEA/CZM Release Draft Harbor Planning Regulations, p. 1.
- Chapter 91 Regulations Released for Legislative Review, p. 2.
- Orleans Wins National Award, p. 3.
- CZMA Reauthorization Moves Slowly in Senate, p. 3.
- CZM Cape Cod Regional Office Moves, p. 3.
- Recreational Waters Bill Approved by House Oceanography Subcommittee, p. 3.
- House and Senate Adopt Requirements for Double Hulls, p. 4.
- Environmental Secretary Signs Coastal Pledge, p. 4.
- Environmental Education for Judges, p. 4.
- Marinas, Shellfish Buffer Zones Debated, p. 4.
- Lobster Hatchery Rebuilding on Martha's Vineyard Begins, p. 5.
- MARPOL Dumping Information Signs Required for Large Boats, p. 5.
- The Big Dig: Where to Put the Dirt, p. 6.
- Preparations for COASTSWEEP 1990, p. 6.
- Federal CZM Reauthorized for 5 Years, p. 1.
- Congress Passes Coastal Bills, p. 2
- Congress Expands Barrier Resources System, p. 2.
- Two Marine Centers Planned for New England, p. 2.
- Wetlands Protection Stressed in Legislation, p. 3.
- Congress Approves National Environmental Education Act, p. 3.
- Federal Budget Increases CZM Funding, p. 3.
- CZM and EPA Sign Mass Bays Agreement, p. 3.
- Gould Named Mass Bays Program Manager, p. 3.
- Mass Bays Action Grants Awarded, p. 4.
- Gloucester Wetlands Ordinance Establishes New "Resource Area" Around ACECs, p. 5.
- Salem Sound 2000 Stresses Inter-Community Cooperation, p. 5.
- Director Hired for Buzzards Bay Advisory Committee, p. 5.
- Disposal of Dredged Material in Cape Cod Bay, p. 5.
- Another COASTSWEEP Success, p. 6.
- Spectacle Island Update, p. 6.
- 1990 Review: A Year for the Coast, p. 1.
- Massachusetts Environmental Trust Announces Grant Program, p. 2.
- EOEA Showcases New Print Ad Campaign, TV Ads Win Award, p. 3.
- Six Coastal Communities Picked for Wetlands Mapping, p. 3.
- Coastal Barrier Resource System Adds 18 Massachusetts Units, p. 4.
- Groundfish Resource Threatened, p. 6.
- Southeast Regional Coordinator Appointed to CZM Staff, p. 7.
- The Coalition for Buzzards Bay Releases State of the Bay Report, p. 7.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.