Coastlines 2003 file size 3MB - This edition of the Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM) magazine focuses on shipping and ports and harbors in Massachusetts. See the table of contents below for article listings and page numbers. Printed copies are available by request at email@example.com (please be sure to provide the name and date of the publication).
Table of Contents
Shipping in the Bay State - Feature Articles
- Focus on Port Development, p. 3.
- Massachusetts’ Maritime Tradition and Seafaring Future, p. 4.
- Through the Eyes of a Mariner: Touring the Port of Boston, p. 6.
- Beyond Boston Harbor—The Bay State’s “Four Ports,” p. 12.
- Planning for the Four Ports, p. 15.
- Making Shipping Green, p. 17.
- Fatal Interaction: Right Whales and Ships, p. 20.
- The Ocean Transportation Industry and the Right Whale, p. 23.
- Cruising Toward a Cleaner Industry, p. 24.
- Designated Port Areas: Flexible Protection for a Finite Resource, p. 27.
Ebb & Flow - Additional Articles
- 25 Years of Coastal Zone Management in Massachusetts: Some highlights..., p. 30.
- In Pursuit of Life and Liberty Ships, p. 32.
- A Great Monster of the Deep in Massachusetts, p. 34.
- CZScience: Evaluating the Connection—Stormwater Runoff, Impervious Surfaces, and Pollution, p. 36.
- Marion, Massachusetts: Land of Many Waters, p. 40.
- Preview Your Next Coastal Trail on the Web, p. 42.
- Ask Joe, p. 43.
- Not Just for Kids: The Ancient Art of Building Ships in Bottles, p. 44.