COASTSWEEP—organized by the Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM)—brings thousands of volunteers to the Massachusetts shoreline to participate in the state's annual coastal cleanup. Volunteers not only help to make the Massachusetts shoreline cleaner and safer, they also record information about the types and amounts of trash, fishing line, and other marine debris collected at each site. This information is sent to the Ocean Conservancy's International Coastal Cleanup program where the data are analyzed and used to develop programs aimed at reducing marine debris worldwide.
COASTSWEEP would not be possible without the support of our generous sponsors.
For press-related questions, please contact Anne Donovan at (617) 626-1213 firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are recent press items and publications on COASTSWEEP (in reverse date order).
- State Officials Kick Off COASTSWEEP Beach Cleanups - EEA Press Release, 8/24/16
- Massachusetts Kicks Off 28th Annual COASTSWEEP Beach Cleanup - EEA Press Release, 9/8/15
- Little Harbor Beach cleanup in Wareham Sept. 26 - Wicked Local Wareham, 9/10/15
- Coastsweep cleanup begins this weekend on South Shore - Patriot Ledger, 9/9/15
- Harwich Coastsweep Recap - CapeCodToday.com, 10/1/13
- State kicks off annual COASTSWEEP volunteer beach cleanup efforts - SouthCoastTODAY.com, 9/25/13
- COASTSWEEP 2013 - NorthShoreKid.com, 9/16/13
- Removing Plastic from Rockport’s Reefs with COASTSWEEP - Claudia Geib, COASTSWEEP Intern, Mass.Gov Blog, 10/13/15
- Calling All Treasure Hunters: Join a COASTSWEEP Cleanup This Fall - Claudia Geib, COASTSWEEP Intern, Mass.Gov Blog, 9/8/15
- Seeking Local Beach Cleanup Coordinators for COASTSWEEP 2015 - Claudia Geib, COASTSWEEP Intern, Mass.Gov Blog, 7/16/15
- A Last Gasp of Summer–Perfect For A COASTSWEEP Cleanup At Constitution Beach - Jeff Ellis, COASTSWEEP Intern, EEA Mass Great Outdoors Blog, 10/16/13
- COASTSWEEP: Protecting Marine Life One Piece of Trash at a Time - Jeff Ellis, COASTSWEEP Intern, EEA Mass Great Outdoors Blog, 9/30/13
- Successful Beach Cleanup at Scusset Beach State Reservation - NECWA News Blog, 9/21/13
- Family Stewardship on Plum Island: Coastsweep 2013 - Outdoors, By Cracky!, 9/16/13
- How You Can Help Keep Massachusetts’s Coastline Beautiful - EEA Mass Great Outdoors Blog, 8/22/13
- Think Coastal, Act Global blog post - EEA Mass Great Outdoors Blog, 10/25/12
- COASTSWEEP Cleanup - Nahant - October 3, 2015 - 10/21/15
- COASTSWEEP Underwater Cleanup - Rockport - September 19, 2015 - 10/21/15
- COASTSWEEP - The Massachusetts Annual Statewide Coastal Cleanup - 8/18/15
- COASTSWEEP 2010 Kickoff Event - Lynn Shore & Nahant Beach Reservation - 9/25/10
- CZ-Tip - Scuba Diving in Massachusetts - Claudia Geib, COASTSWEEP Intern, 10/1/15
- CZ-Tip: Recycle to Reduce Marine Debris - Claudia Geib, COASTSWEEP Intern, 9/1/15
- COASTSWEEP: An Intern’s First Cleanup - Steven Pilis, COASTSWEEP Intern, 11/10/14
- A Day in the Life: Altering the Average Day to Reduce Ocean Litter - Steven Pilis, COASTSWEEP Intern, August 2014
- COASTSWEEP Podcast Interview with CZM's Robin Lacey - WUMB Commonwealth Journal, 9/16/12