The Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM) produces a variety of brochures, manuals, guidebooks, maps, and other materials to provide information on issues that affect the coast.
The following periodicals and regularly updated publications have been developed by CZM:
CZ-Mail - CZM’s monthly electronic newsletter covers major CZM initiatives, available tools and publications, upcoming workshops and events, grants, contracting opportunities, job openings, coastal legislation, and other news of interest to people working on coastal issues. To have your name added to the mailing list, please send a blank email to email@example.com.
- Current CZ-Mail - The latest edition of the CZM electronic newsletter.
- CZ-Mail Archives - An index with links to each issue published since 2013.
- CZ-Mail Year-in-Review Index - A listing with links to special January editions of CZ-Mail since 2004, which highlight CZM’s annual accomplishments.
Coastlines - From 2002-2008, CZM produced this publication as a periodic magazine, and each edition focused on a major coastal topic:
- Coastlines 2008 - Discusses how actions on land affect coastal water quality and gives information on what people can do to help.
- Coastlines 2007 - Focuses on coastal recreation.
- Coastlines 2006 - Discusses Smart Growth techniques and how they can address coastal water quality and other issues.
- Coastlines Winter 2004-2005 - Features coastal and marine habitats.
- Coastlines 2003 - Focuses on shipping and ports and harbors in Massachusetts.
- Coastlines 2002 - Explores hurricane preparedness and the history of Massachusetts hurricanes.
From 1975-2001, Coastlines was published in newsletter format. See the Coastlines Archives for a table of contents for each magazine and newsletter edition.
CZ-Tips - These tips from CZM help people get to, protect, and enjoy the Commonwealth's coast.
Massachusetts Coastal and Ocean Education Guide for K-12 Teachers - CZM maintains a list of educational resources that cover coastal and ocean issues, with a special focus on Massachusetts-based programs and K-12 materials.
Additional CZM publications are indexed by the following CZM program areas: