The regional program is central to the Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management's (CZM) mission. The regional coordinators provide key functions including:
- Serving as liaisons between federal and state programs and municipal authorities on key initiatives within the coastal zone.
- Coordinating with regional initiatives.
- Performing Federal Consistency Review.
- Providing technical assistance to coastal communities.
- Facilitating local initiatives that are consistent with CZM program goals, such as resource management and watershed and port/harbor planning efforts.
CZM maintains the following five regional offices: