In accordance with State Law, the Open Burning season will begin on January 15th, and end at 4:00 PM on May 1st. These dates are set by the Department of Environmental Protection with the objective of minimizing air quality impacts, and are enforced locally by the town Forest Wardens, Fire Chiefs, and your Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) District Fire Wardens.
- 2015 Open Burning Announcement January 15 - April 30
- How To Conduct A Safe Open Burn
- Open Burning Clarifier/DEP Reference 48:13 310 CMR 7
- Massachusetts Regulation Defining Allowable Open Burning in the State 310 CMR 7.07
- Agricultural Burning
- Christmas Tree Disposal 527 CMR 10:23:3
- DEP Open Burning: answers to your burning questions
- DEP Daily Air Quality Forecast
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.