- Provides tree health care services for the Department’s state forests, parks, and reservations.
- Monitors and assesses factors that influence the health of Massachusetts’ forests utilizing aerial survey, permanent sampling plots, and pheromone traps.
- Maintains historical defoliation data and implements Integrated Pest Management (IPM) on state and municipal lands as required by state law.
2015 Aerial Survey
The map is the results of last year’s aerial survey for forest pests. download pdf
Emerald Ash Borer Workshop Presentations held in 2012
- Emerald Ash Borer and Your Community: What You Can Do Now file size 1MB presented by Mollie Freilicher, DCR Urban & Community Forestry
- Emerald Ash Borer: Federal Regulatory Overview presented by Marc Conlee, USDA APHIS
- Emerald Ash Borer: A New Threat To MA Forests presented by Ken Gooch, DCR Forest Health Program Director
- EAB: Outreach presented by Jennifer Forman-Orth, MDAR
- A Legacy in Wood file size 1MB presented by Peter Grima, DCR Service Forester
- Forest Health in MA 2012 Report file size 1MB presented by Ken Gooch, DCR Forest Health Program Director
- EAB in CT and MA Federal Regulatory Overview presented by Patty Douglass, USDA State Pant Health Director