The Forest Legacy Program is a partnership between participating States and the USDA Forest Service to identify and help protect environmentally important forests from conversion to non-forest uses. The main tool used for protecting these important forests is conservation easements. The Federal government may fund up to 75% of program costs, with at least 25% coming from private, state or local sources.
Forest Legacy RFP Information
- Forest Legacy Program RFP FY16
- Project Information Worksheet FY16
- Tract Information Worksheet FY16
- Landowner Participation Letter FY16 CR
- Landowner Participation Letter FY16 FEE
- Interest Owner Letter of Commitment FY16
- Budget Information Worksheet FY16
- Guide & Checklist to Closing a Forest Legacy Project CR
- Guide & Checklist to Closing a Forest Legacy Project FEE
- FLP Project Scoring Guidance
- A Study of 2008, 2009, and 2010 Forest Legacy Program (FLP) Project Ratings
- National Review Panel TIPS
- Assessment of Needs Documents
Forest Legacy Information System (FLIS)
- Forest Legacy Information System (FLIS 2.1) User Guide file size 2MB
- FAQ Regarding Submitting Images to FLIS file size 2MB
- Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisitions
- How to Write More Effective Appraisals for the Forest Legacy Program
- Basic Specifications for Real Property Appraisals
- Pre Request for Appraisal Services Information Guide
- Pre Request for Appraisal Services Teleconference – Desired Information
- FLP Task Assignment Template
- Review Appraisers Common Issues
- Appraisals / Full Donations
- EEA Land Acquisition Policy – Appraisals 01-06-15
- Qualified Appraisers Reviewers
- A Land Trust’s Guide to Partnering with the Forest Legacy Program
- Forest Legacy Program Implementation Guidelines (as amended and updated May 12, 2012)
- Northeastern Area USDA Forest Legacy Program
- Northeastern Area State and Private Forestry Strategic Plan Fiscal Years 2013-2018
- National USDA Forest Service Forest Legacy Program
- USDA Forest Service Forest Legacy Program 5 Year Strategic Direction
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.