The Marketing and Utilization Program assists in developing and evaluating business opportunities in every phase of wood product manufacture and recycling. Potential beneficiaries include: landowners, timber harvesters, sawmills, foresters, kiln operators, wood treaters, and wood products fabricators. Recent project examples include: timber bridges, biomass energy facilities, directories of wood producers.
MA Sustainable Forest Bioenergy Initiative
The Division of Energy Resources , in partnership with the Department of Conservation and Recreation, has identified biomass as a renewable energy resource with tremendous potential in Massachusetts due to the state's 3 million acres of underutilized forestland and other large sources of wood. This broad initiative will facilitate the development of biomass energy projects and fuel supply infrastructure in the Commonwealth.
- Forest Harvesting Systems for Biomass Production file size 6MB (updated Feb '08)
- Woody Biomass Supply Resource Assessment Reports:
- Economic Impact of Biomass Energy in Massachusetts (corrected)
- Biomass Energy Crop - Massachusetts Potential
- Forest Biomass Harvesting - Silviculture and Ecological Considerations file size 1MB
- Advanced Biopower - Technology Assessment
- Woody Biomass Energy Brochure file size 1MB
- Quabbin Success Story
Please contact us with any questions or comments:
Marketing and Utilization Forester
phone: (413) 253-1798 x206
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.