1. CH 132 - The Forest Cutting Practices Act The Massachusetts Forest Cutting Practices Act (FCPA) was created to ensure the long-term public benefits provided by forests. The FCPA protects the benefits of forests through a permitting process. Applicable to timber harvesting on both public and private forestland, the FCPA regulates any commercial timber cutting of wood products greater than 25 thousand board feet or 50 cords on any parcel of land at any one time.
- CH 132 Directions for the preparation of a Forest Cutting Plan
- Regulations - 304 CMR 11.00 Forest Cutting Practices
- Statute - https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXIX/Chapter132/Section40
- BMP Manual file size 1MB
- CH 132 Blank Forest Cutting Plan for with Landowner Information Sheets
- CH 132 Forest Cutting Plan example form
- CH 132 Appointment of Agent form
- CH 132 Abutter's Notice form
2. CH 61 - The Forest Tax Law Massachusetts current use programs (Ch. 61, Ch. 61A, and Ch. 61B) were created to give preferential tax treatment to those landowners who maintain their property as open space for the purposes of timber production, agriculture or recreation.
Two voluntary programs, Forest Stewardship and FSC certification , are also offered that build upon the basic forest management plan of the CH61 program.
Directions: Chapter 61 Forest Management Plans, Forest Stewardship Plans, & Green Certification Requirements
Directions for the preparation of the Chapter 61 Forest Management Plans and Forest Stewardship Plans
Additional Text required to upgrading existing Chapter 61 Forest Management of Forest Stewardship Plan
Appendix A - Exhibits
1. Front Page form Front Page Overflow form
2. Landowner Goals form
3. Overview form
4. Stewardship Issues
5. Stand Description SD Form
6. Management Practices MP Form
7. Locus Map (drawn by plan preparer)
8. Property Map (drawn by plan preparer)
9. Signature Page
10. Certificate (CH61)
Appendix B - River Basin Map
Appendix C - Forest Types
Appendix D - Recommended References
Appendix E - Silvicultural Prescriptions
Appendix F - NRCS Forestry Practices
Appendix G - Growth Rate Percentage Formula
3. Foresters for the Birds The DCR Bird Habitat Assessment Program provides funding assistance to landowners to work with a qualified licensed professional forester or other qualified professional to evaluate existing and potential habitat for a selection of birds. The Bird Habitat Assessment must be conducted in concert with a Forest Stewardship Plan, or as an update to an existing Plan.
Sample Plan file size 3MB
Additional habitat assessment elements to be incorporated into a Forest Stewardship plan file size 1MB (link with attached document bird habitat assessment directions)
5. Stewardship Policies
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.