- The USDA Forest Service (Northeast Area), Urban and Community Forestry Program provides funds, technical assistance, technical transfer, and overall program guidance to Massachusetts and other states.
- The National Arbor Day Foundation provides technical information through Tree City USA Bulletins, and oversees the national Tree City USA awards and the Arbor Day poster contest for fifth-grade students. State natural resource agencies, like DCR, administer these programs.
- The Northeast Center for Urban and Community Forestry facilitates and supports new and existing research, provides assistance and coordinates the exchange of information among urban and community forestry practitioners in the New England and New York region.
- The Massachusetts Tree Wardens‘ and Foresters’ Association is the professional association that represents the tree wardens who serve in each municipality to manage public shade trees.
- The Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreationâ€™s Forest Health Program monitors forests for insect and disease outbreaks, educates professionals and homeowners, and maintains tree health throughout the state forest and park system.
Massachusetts Organizations Related to Urban and Community Forestry:
- Elm Watch
- Eagle Eye Institute
- Millers River Environmental Center Collaborative Forestry Education Program
- Nuestras Raices
- Groundwork Lawrence
Massachusetts Municipal Urban Forestry Sites:
National and Regional Related Organizations
- Tree Link
- Society of Municipal Arborists
- The American Chestnut Foundation
- Environmental Leadership Program
- The Eastern Native Tree Society
- Center for Watershed Protection
- Stormwater Research Center
- U.S. EPA Urban Non-Point Source Pollution Page
- Center for Urban Forest Research
- USDA Northeast Research Station