DCR Program Offers Up to $1.5M to Expand Access to Recreation
The Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) is now accepting matching-funds applications from state park friends and advocacy groups, civic and community organizations, institutions, businesses, municipal governments, and dedicated individuals with an interest in expanding access to recreation in the Commonwealth’s parks.
Through the agency’s Partnership Matching Funds Program, DCR will allocate $1.5 million in matching funds to finance capital projects at parks, beaches, and other reservations—welcoming visitors of all abilities for recreation, interaction, vitality, as well as solitude. Past projects through this program include: design and construction of new playgrounds, clearing invasive plants from waterways for smooth recreational boating, trail and path enhancements to improve multi-modal accessibility, the addition of a water filling station to serve visitors and a variety of tree plantings and landscape improvements.
Over the last decade, the Partnerships Matching Funds Program has fostered a combined investment by the Commonwealth and public and private partners of more than $10 million in the states parks.
Conceptual applications are due by February 9, 2016. DCR will provide a dollar-for-dollar match to successful applicants, will consider providing a two-to-one dollar match for select projects, and consider projects that may require more than one year to plan and complete.
Applications May Be
Emailed to Lisa.Barstow@state.ma.us
Faxed to Lisa Barstow at 617-626-1351
Partnerships Matching Funds Program
Department of Conservation and Recreation
Office of External Affairs and Partnerships
251 Causeway Street, Suite 600
Boston, MA 02114
Schedule of Funding For FY' 17 Projects
Project Concept Forms deadline: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 Download Form
Final Application deadline: TBD
DCR notification of applicants: TBD
Partners funding due to DCR Trust: One month from notification
If you have questions regarding the schedule or other aspects of the DCR Partnerships Matching Funds Program, please contact:
DCR Director of Partnerships, Lisa Barstow at 617-626-4954 or email Lisa.Barstow@state.ma.us
- Partners may be community groups, friends groups, park advocacy groups, corporations, institutions, and individuals.
- DCR gives priority to applications from multiple partners working collaboratively to complete a project. The agency welcomes dedicated individuals who work collaboratively toward the improvement of the Commonwealth’s environmental, historic, and cultural resources.
- DCR only considers applications that will provide a match of non-state funds for capital projects at the agency’s parks, open spaces, and properties.
- DCR will consider applications for projects that may require more than one fiscal year to plan and complete. These applications are more likely to be successful if potential partners contact the Partnerships office to arrange discussion of project details with DCR’s Planning and Engineering staff in advance of final submission.
- Partnerships Matching Funds Program provides a dollar-for-dollar match for private, non-state funding partners for capital projects.
- DCR will consider a 2:1 match on contributions of up to and including $25,000.
- Only monetary contributions will be matched.
- DCR will manage the implementation of the projects, in close consultation with the partner(s) making the contributions.