Seasonal Training and Employment Program
DCR Parks and Recreation
The Summer Worker assists in the smooth operation, maintenance, and cleanliness of their assigned Recreation facility at parks, pools, beaches, reservation and other DCR areas.
- Greets and assists park visitors and provides information about the facility.
- Cleans floors, walls, toilets, sinks, partitions, pool decks and other interior and exterior surfaces.
- Assists in maintaining grounds and landscapes by mowing (if 18 years of age or over), trash collection, aerating, weeding, raking leaves, and watering lawns, shrubs, and flowers.
- Assists in recording visitor attendance, providing information and registering campers. Assists with directing vehicles in parking lots and collecting fees.
- Promotes and participates in meeting the facility’s recycling goals, carry-in and carry-out policies and sorting materials.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill to use small hand held tools such as rakes, brooms, shovels, hammers, pliers, saws, screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.
- Ability to use office equipment such as calculators, computers, fax, etc.
- Ability to operate a lawnmower. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to work with the public in a variety of settings.
Summer workers may be required to work outdoors in all types of weather; lift and carry heavy objects, work with cleaning agents; work varied shifts and/or irregular hours; and stand for prolonged periods of time.
The above describes the primary job functions and are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of the job.
Summer workers are required to familiarize themselves with the DCR Seasonal Handbook which defines employment information and DCR operational policies. Uniforms are required.
Salary is $8.00 per hour and employees are paid bi-weekly.
Please complete Seasonal Training and Employment Program Application (STEP)
This is a different application than the Seasonal Employment Application.
Applications must be received by April 15, 2013 and address the envelope to
DCR Summer Employment
251 Causeway Street, Suite 600, Boston, MA 02114
DCR is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer