Most DCR facilities charge day use parking fees, and a small number also charge a surcharge that funds a trust to benefit the specific facility. For a listing of parks that charge a daily parking fee and the fee amount, see below.
Note: The Commonwealth of MA has instituted a non-MA vehicle fee increase at several DCR parks that charge parking fees. Similar non-MA vehicle fees are charged in Rhode Island and Connecticut. Determination of residency is based on vehicle license plates.
- Borderland State Park, Easton- $5 MA Vehicle, $6 non-MA Vehicle (charged year-round)
- Demarest Lloyd State Park, Dartmouth- $7
- Horseneck Beach State Reservation, Westport- $8 (includes surcharge)
- Myles Standish State Forest, Carver- College Pond Area Only -$5
- Nantasket Beach Reservation, Hull-$10
Get your MassParks Pass at Nantasket Beach Headquarters, 215 Nantasket Avenue, Hull, MA 02045. (Monday through Friday) beginning May 1, 2014 thru September1, 2014 between 8am and 2pm.
- Nickerson State Park, Brewster-$5
- Cape Cod Rail Trail (Near Nickerson State Park) -$2
- South Cape Beach State Park, Mashpee- $7
- Scusset Beach State Reservation, Sandwich- $9 (includes surcharge)
- Watson Pond State Park, Taunton-$5
- Ashland State Park, Ashland-$5
- Bradley Palmer State Park , Topsfield- $2(Main Lot and Wading Pool Areas)
- Cochituate State Park, Natick- $5
- Great Brook Farm State Park, Carlisle. $2 (charged year-round)
- Halibut Point State Park, Rockport $2
- Hopkinton State Park, Hopkinton- $8
- Maudslay State Park, Newburyport-$5 MA Vehicle, $6 non-MA Vehicle (charged year-round)
Nahant Beach Reservation , Nahant- $5
If you are interested in purchasing a 2015 MassParks Annual Pass at Nahant Beach, they are available at the Nahant Labor Yard. The Nahant Yard office is open 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Tuesday-Thursday during winter season and 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM seven days per week during the summer season. Please call 781-595-0063 for more information. The Nahant Labor Yard is located across the street from Ward bathhouse near the rotary.
Please note, MassParks Passes are also available at the Nahant Beach parking lot Entrance Booth during the summer recreation season from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Memorial Day to Labor Day seven days per week. Please call 617-634-9116 for more information.
- Salisbury Beach State Reservation, Salisbury- $9 (includes surcharge)
- Walden Pond State Reservation, Concord- $8 MA Vehicle, $10 non-MA Vehicle
- Douglas State Forest , Douglas- $5
- Dunn State Park , Gardner- $5
- Erving State Forest , Erving- $5
- Lake Dennison Recreation Area , Winchendon- $5
- Lake Wyola State Park , Shutesbury $5
- Leominster State Forest , Leominster/Westminster- $5
- Otter River State Forest , Baldwinville $5
- Pearl Hill State Park -West Townsend- $5
- Purgatory Chasm State Reservation , Sutton-$2
- Quabbin Reservoir , Vehicle $6, Vehicle and Trailer (includes launching fees) $8
Senior Citizens 62 and older and Handicapped (with placard): half price
- Quinsigamond State Park , Worcester- Regatta Point $8 MA Vehicle, $10 non-MA Vehicle (charged year-round)
- Rutland State Park , Rutland $5
- Wachusett Mountain State Reservation , Princeton- $2
- Wells State Park , Sturbridge- $2
- Wendell State Forest , Wendell-$5
- Willard Brook State Forest , Ashby/Townsend- $5
- Beartown State Forest , Monterey- $5
- Chicopee State Park , Chicopee- $5
- Clarksburg State Park , Clarksburg- $5
- D.A.R. State Forest , Goshen- $5
- CM Gardner State Park , Huntington- $2
- Hampton Ponds State Park , Westfield- $5
- Mohawk Trail State Forest , Charlemont- $5
- Mt. Greylock State Reservation , Lanesboro- $2
- Mt. Holyoke Range State Park , Amherst- $2
- Mt. Sugarloaf State Reservation , South Deerfield- $2
- Mt. Tom State Reservation , Holyoke-$2
- Natural Bridge State Park , North Adams- $2
- Pittsfield State Forest , Pittsfield- $2
- Robinson State Park , Agawam- $5
- Sandisfield State Forest , Sandisfield- $5
- Savoy Mountain State Forest , Florida- $5
- Tolland State Forest , Otis- $5
Day Use Parking Fee Waivers
Day use parking fees are waived for vehicles issued an Annual MassParks Pass, holders of a Senior MassParks Pass, and vehicles bearing a handicapped license plate or placard or disabled veteran license plate, from any state. These waivers do not apply to camping fees and their use is subject to available parking. DCR also does not waive day use parking fees for holders of fishing or hunting licenses, National Park passes, or other states’ annual passes.
Quabbin Reservoir Parking Fees
- Parking and Fishing Access: Vehicle $6, Vehicle and Trailer (includes launching fees) $8
- Seasonal Parking Pass: $50
- Senior Citizens (62 and older) and Handicapped (with placard): half price.
There is no charge to park at the Visitors Center.
Please note that the Annual MassParks Pass and the Senior MassParks Pass are not valid at Quabbin Reservoir fishing areas.
For more information about fees and activities, see the Quabbin Reservoir Fishing Guide.
In January 2015, the Commonwealth of MA modified certain MassParks day use parking fees, including the following:
- An increase in day use parking fees at parks and beaches that charge a parking fee. In addition, the day use parking fee for vehicles with out-of-state license plates is now slightly higher than for those with Massachusetts license plates.
- An increase in fees for the annual MassParks Pass to $60 for MA residents and to $85 for non-MA residents. The charge for adding a second vehicle to an Annual Pass is now $25.
- Effective March 15, 2015, a new, one-time fee of $10 for a lifetime Senior MassParks Pass for Massachusetts residents 62 years or older. DCR will continue to honor Senior MassParks Passes previously issued by the agency.
The new revenue raised by the increased fees will be used by DCR to address critical staffing and infrastructure needs across the state park system. DCR has been sensitive to the economy, and we have not increased our day use fees statewide since 2004.
In the coming weeks, DCR will post individual park day use parking fees by location on this website. Visitors may also see park signage for updated fee information.