First Day Hikes
What better way to kick off the new year than with a hike at a state park. Think of it as the start of a new and healthy lifestyle, for the whole family. Please join us outdoors on New Year’s Day.
First Day hikers can expect to be surrounded by the quiet beauty of nature in winter, with views and vistas unimpeded by foliage. Wildlife that might be spied along these walks will almost certainly include the tough and sturdy chickadees, state bird of Massachusetts, and wild turkeys, the state game bird. Watch for bald eagles near open water bodies, and keep an eye out for deer sightings, squirrels (of course!), and if you’re lucky, a red fox or fisher.
- Bradley Palmer SP First Day Hike
- Cronin Skating Rink: Adaptive Skating - Games on Ice
Tuesdays: 11:30am - 1:30pm - November 19, December 17, January 21, February 18 and March 18
- North Region Winter Hikes
- Walden Pond SR First Day Hike
- DAR First Day Hike
- First Day Hike - Beartown SF
- Fitzpatrick Skating Rink: Adaptive Skating - Games on Ice!
Sundays: 11am - 1pm - December 8, January 12, February 9 and March 9
Thursday: 10am - 12pm - February 20