May is Preservation Month
2015 marks the 150th anniversary of the end of the American Civil War. DCR’s theme War and Peace highlights the legacy of war preserved in the Commonwealth’s parks. From a Civil War camp at Brook Farm, to the WWII towers at Horseneck Beach and Halibut Point, programs will explore the role of the Commonwealth in American defense, at times of peace, and the commemoration of our war veterans.
DCR is committed to preserving the legacy of Massachusetts’ history reflected in the state parks. From Native American sites to designed gardens, DCR’s historic properties exhibit centuries of human ingenuity in adapting the land for everyday life. Preservation Month is a time to acknowledge our shared cultural heritage and DCR’s work to preserve the past. -more-
- Bradley Palmer SP: May 31 - Our Bluebird Buddies
- Great Brook Farm May Programs
- Halibut Point SP May Programs
- Harold Parker SF May Programs
- Harold Parker SF: We Walk the Woods (Wednesdays)
- Maudslay SP May Calendar
- North Region Spring Hikes
- Sandy Point SR May Programs
- Walden Pond SR: May 20 & 29 - Reading Thoreau's Essays
- Walden Pond SR: May 22 & 29 - Early Morning Ramble
- Walden Pond SR: May 23-24 & May 30-31 - Free Fishing Clinics
- Walden Pond SR: Thoreau's Stay at Walden
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.