2013 Charles River Mooring Schedule
Accepting Applications: MARCH 18 thru APRIL 26
Lottery Drawing: MAY
2011 Mooring Season: MAY 16 - NOV. 16
ALL OTHER DETAILS ARE CONSISTENT WITH 2013 REQUIREMENTS AND REGULATIONS.
For more information contact:
DCR Boston Regio0n HQ
165 Day Blvd.
South Boston, MA 02116
PH. # 617-606-1207
Cell # 617-293-6742
PUBLIC NOTICE TO ALL PERSONS WISHING TO OBTAIN BOAT MOORING
PERMITS FOR THE CHARLES RIVER BASIN
April 29, 2013 is the deadline to submit applications for the May 4 th lottery of sixty (60) public moorings available in the Charles River Basin between the First Street Landing and Poorman’s Landing. Candidates will be notified by phone within ten days after the lottery as to the status of their application. A $6.00 per foot fee will be charged to boat owners for the season which runs from May 16, 2012 through November 16, 2012 . This fee must be paid as a money order or bank check made payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and is due when mooring is awarded and prior to the issuance of any permit.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
1. A copy of a valid and current Massachusetts boat registration for the boat to be moored on the Charles River must be submitted with the application or the application will be rejected; NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. The maximum boat length is 35 feet. Only the boat registered to the mooring will be allowed to use that mooring.
3. Only pleasure boats will be permitted at this site. No commercial or boats for hire are allowed.
4. The applicant must supply the mooring and all other necessary equipment at his or her own expense. Moorings must meet United States Coast Guard specifications and the inspection of the DCR Park Ranger Marine Unit.
5. Each mooring must consist of a mushroom anchor with a chain capable of holding the boat in place under adverse weather conditions. Boat owners must provide an 18” to 20” fiberglass mooring ball on which a number can be permanently affixed. This mooring ball is to be used at all times.
6. All moorings must be installed and removed at the owner’s expense no later than November 17, 2012 . Future mooring permits will be refused to any permit holder failing to remove moorings by this date.
7. The DCR Park Ranger Marine Unit has made reasonable attempts to develop specifications believed to be proper. They are not a guarantee or assurance of a safe mooring. The ultimate responsibility and liability rests on the individual boat owner for damage sustained due to use, inclement weather and other factors beyond DCR’s control. The DCR will not be liable for property damage or personal injury or death sustained as a result of any incident resulting from the operation and use of this permit. Prior to permit issuance, permittee will be required to sign a waiver.
Applications for the 2013 moorings lottery may be obtained by calling DCR Offices at (617) 727-1199 ext. 412. Applications may also be picked up in person on the 8th floor at 251 Causeway Street Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00 . Send completed applications to Russ Geer, Ranger, DCR Boston Region, 166 Day Blvd., South Boston, MA 02127 .