2014 Charles River Basin Mooring Program Schedule
Accepting Applications: MARCH 31 through APRIL 30, 2014
Lottery Drawing: MAY 2, 2014
2014 Mooring Season: MAY 17 - NOVEMBER 15
Questions regarding the 2014 Charles River Basin Mooring Program and Lottery shall be directed to the DCR at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 727-5290 ext. 0.
Payment remittance and completed applications shall be sent to:
Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
Attention: Charles River Basin Mooring Program
251 Causeway Street, Suite 600
Boston, MA 02114-2119
PUBLIC NOTICE TO ALL PERSONS WISHING TO OBTAIN BOAT MOORING
PERMITS FOR THE CHARLES RIVER BASIN
April 30, 2014 is the deadline to submit applications for the May 2nd lottery of sixty (60) public moorings available in the Charles River Basin between the First Street Landing and Poorman’s Landing. Candidates will be notified by phone within ten days after the lottery as to the status of their application. A $6.00 per foot fee will be charged to boat owners for the season which runs from May 17, 2014 through November 15, 2014 . This fee must be paid as a money order or bank certified check made payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and is due with the submittal of a lottery application. Mooring permits will not be issued until payment is received in full.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
- A copy of a valid and current Massachusetts boat registration for the boat to be moored on the Charles River must be submitted with the application or the application will be rejected; NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The maximum boat length is 35 feet. Only the boat registered to the mooring will be allowed to use that mooring.
- Only pleasure boats will be permitted at this site. No commercial or boats for hire are allowed.
- The applicant must supply the mooring and all other necessary equipment at his or her own expense. Moorings must meet United States Coast Guard specifications and the inspection of the DCR
- Each mooring must consist of a mushroom anchor with a chain capable of holding the boat in place under adverse weather conditions. Boat owners must provide an 18” to 20” fiberglass mooring ball on which a number can be permanently affixed. This mooring ball is to be used at all times.
- All moorings must be installed and removed at the owner’s expense no later than November 15, 2014 . Future mooring permits will be refused to any permit holder failing to remove moorings by this date.
- The DCR has made reasonable attempts to develop specifications believed to be proper. They are not a guarantee or assurance of a safe mooring. The ultimate responsibility and liability rests on the individual boat owner for damage sustained due to use, inclement weather and other factors beyond DCR’s control. The DCR will not be liable for property damage or personal injury or death sustained as a result of any incident resulting from the operation and use of this permit. Prior to permit issuance, permittee will be required to sign a waiver.