Open Close Dates 2015
Campgrounds Closed in 2015
The following campgrounds are closed for camping for the 2015 season:
- Massasoit State Park
- Chester-Blandford State Forest
- Windsor State Forest
Mohawk Trail State Forest now offers a car-free camping experience. The Great Pines car-free camping area is nestled in a section of the campground where Eastern White Pine trees have been recorded at 150 feet tall and up to 200 years old! To provide a car-free camping experience while protecting this unique resource, vehicles will be prohibited from this area. A parking area is provided with a short walk to the campsites.
Additionally, Mohawk Trail State Forest now has three small group campsites in addition to the large group site. The small group campsites provide an opportunity for a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 15 people to share the same space while visiting beautiful Mohawk Trail State Forest. The fee for the group sites is $25 per night.
Primitive Camping Get Away From It All!
We appreciate that some of our customers are looking for a car-free camping experience. Keeping it simple, our primitive camping areas do not offer fresh water, flush toilets or showers. Reservations may be made for a $6 nightly fee for MA residents and $8 for non-residents at the following primitive hike-in and island campgrounds:
- Boston Harbor Islands State Park, Boston MA (boat ferry access only)
- Federated Women's Club State Forest , Petersham, MA (Check-in at Erving State Forest)
- Mount Greylock State Reservation , Lanesborough, MA (Hike in only)
- Mount Washington State Forest , Mt. Washington, MA (Hike in only)
- Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve (WBNERR) on Washburn Island, Falmouth, MA (Private boat only)
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.