Borderland SP

Planning a Wedding at a DCR State Park

DCR welcomes simple, small wedding ceremonies at many state parks and larger wedding celebrations at a limited number of parks.

If you are interested in holding a wedding at a particular state park, contact the park’s staff to see if weddings are allowed, to check availability on the date, and to obtain direction on completing any required permits. Fees may apply. 

Visit the DCR MassParks DCR MassParks Places to Go website for contact information for each park.


Wedding Photos and Videos

Taking photos and videos during a permitted wedding ceremony does not require a separate permit. Taking wedding photography and videos in a state park for a non-permitted wedding requires a DCR Photography Special Use Permit Permit pdf format of Photography Permit


Popular State Park Locations for Wedding Ceremony

DCR’s Borderland State Park , Easton-Sharon
Phone: 508-238-6566; Email:
  Borderland Wedding Information Sheet  pdf format of Borderland Wedding Information Sheet

DCR’s Mt. Sugarloaf State Reservation , Deerfield
Phone: 413-586- 8706, ext. 12 (or 413-665-2928 after May 15);

DCR’s Maudslay State Park , Newburyport
Phone:  978-465-7223; Email:

The Maudslay Arts Center at DCR’s Maudslay State Park in Newburyport is a private venue. Call them directly at 978-857-0677.

Willowdale Estate is a private wedding venue located on the grounds of DCR’s Bradley Palmer State Park in Topsfield.  You must call them directly at 978-887-8211 to plan a wedding.

Currently, no weddings are being permitted at the Summit House at DCR’s Joseph A. Skinner State Park in South Hadley, as it is closed for porch repairs and accessibility improvements. For information on events at Skinner State Park, call Mt. Holyoke Range State Park staff at 413-586-0350 or Email  

DCR’s Walden Pond State Reservation in Concord does not allow any weddings between Memorial Day in May and Columbus Day in October, due to high recreational use during that time.  For more information, call  staff at 978-369-3254 or email