131 Walnut St.
Saugus, MA 01906
Camp Nihan Environmental Education Camp is an ideal facility for group camping, hiking and exploring the nearby historic sites of Saugus, Salem, and Boston. Camp Nihan encompasses sixty five acres of woodland forest, marsh, and a spring fed pond. The Saugus River flows through the camp property providing ideal habitat for heron and raptors. A variety of animals inhabit the area; including fox, deer and river otter. Campers can hike to nearby Breakheart State Reservation for swimming, hiking, and Visitor Center services.
Camp Nihan is located in the Greater Boston area, in eastern Massachusetts.
From Rte. 1, Saugus take Route 129 West, Walnut Street towards Wakefield. The entrance to the Camp will be on your left 2/10ths of a mile after the first traffic light. Look for a small green sign. Continue on the gravel road and park in the first parking lot or as instructed by DCR staff. Please drive slowly as children may be in the road. F
From Rte. 128, take the Route 1 South, Boston exit and then follow the directions for Route 1 above.
Things to know before you go...
- Camp Nihan's group cabins are open Thursday, Friday, Saturday only September through June.
- Camp Nihan's group cabins and group campsites are open Friday, Saturday only in July and August.
- Contact Station Hours are 4pm to 8pm.
- Reservations are required
- Camp Nihan offers group cabins and group tentsites. Each group cabin or group tentsite must have an adult and/or counselor in attendance.
- Pets are prohibited from Camp Nihan, designated beach areas, Boston Harbor Islands, and all yurts and cabin camping.
- Swimming is not permitted at Camp Nihan.
- No biking or mountain biking at Camp Nihan.
- No showers or flush toilets available, portable toilets only.
- Cabins have bunkbeds and tables. Linens and eating utensils are not provided. No additional tents on cabin sites. Cabins have a refrigerator and are heated by pellet stove.
- Cabins offer access to electricity, however, electric wattage is limited and does not accommodate a heater. Electrical service is not sufficiently reliable for use with medical devices and equipment.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.