Latest Update – June 2014
SUMMER FOOD VENDING NOTES -- DCR limits food vendors at the following locations:
- Revere Beach: DCR does not issue mobile food permits at Revere Beach, due to abundant local food services; special event operators (ie Sand Sculpture Festival) may bring in vendors for their event), contact the event operator directly to inquire.
- Nantasket Beach: DCR does not issue mobile food permits at Nantasket, due to abundant local food services AND the permitted food concession stand at Bernie King Pavilion.
- July 4th at the Esplanade: no individual mobile food vending permits from DCR; there is a designated food concession at the Hatch Shell daily, and on the Cambridge Esplanade for July 4 only. For information on food vending through the designated concessionaire, contact The Anthem Group directly at 617.381.4746, 617.308.8459, or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in selling merchandise at the Esplanade on July 4, contact the event sponsor, Boston 4 Productions directly at http://www.july4th.org/ There is no merchandise vending allowed at the Esplanade otherwise.
Please note: In order to sell food, items, or services, or to solicit donations, at DCR parks, you must hold a permit from DCR. A local food permit, hawker’s & peddlers license, or busker’s license does not apply.
For questions on vending at any DCR facility, contact the Long-Term Permits Office at email@example.com or by phone at 617-626-1308 or 617-626-1481.
DCR IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING BIDS ON THE FOLLOWING REQUESTS FOR PROPOSALS (RFPs):
#DCR 2014 500 – SCUSSET BEACH STATE RESERVATION, FIXED FOOD CONCESSION – Sandwich, MA
Proposal Due Date: Monday June 23 at 4pm
Later in 2014, DCR may post RFPs for these or other bid opportunities:
- MOBILE FOOD CONCESSIONS – Multiple locations including Chelsea, Nahant, Warwick, Mt.Washington
- CAMPGROUND STORE CONCESSIONS – Multiple locations including Salisbury, Sandwich, Brewster
- AGRICULTURAL OPERATION PERMITS – Multiple Locations
- CONSTITUTION BEACH, FIXED FOOD CONCESSION – East Boston
- NON-MOTORIZED BOATING CONCESSIONS – Multiple Locations including Somerville, Dorchester, E.Boston
- ADVENTURE RECREATION AND ECO-EDUCATION PROGRAMMING – Multiple Locations
- PLYMOUTH HARBOR BOAT TOURS – Pilgrim Memorial State Park, Plymouth
- SKATING RINK FACILITY OPERATIONS – Multiple Locations
EMAIL DCR.PERMITS@STATE.MA.US TO JOIN OUR EMAIL ALERT LIST.
>> To bid on a concession RFP, first review the RFP document, to see the proposal requirements. Download the RFP at the Commonwealth’s procurement website: www.commbuys.com
OR To pick up a paper copy of an RFP, email, call or stop by the Long Term Permits Office in Boston.
To learn more about the new COMMBUYS system – which is free for vendors to use for all state contracting opportunities – call the COMMBUYS Help Desk: 1-888-627-8283 OR visit the Operational Services Division website
>> To propose a new concession idea, recreational opportunity, or concession location, follow the guidelines below.
The DCR accepts unofficial written proposals for new locations and services.
- Proposals are reviewed at least 6 months in advance of the proposed operating season.
- If you would like to propose a new location and/or service, kindly follow these steps:
- Discuss the proposal with the local Park/Facility Supervisor.
- If the location and service is in the best interest of the DCR and the public and it does not present safety concerns, the Supervisor may accept unofficial written proposals from the proponent.
- The Supervisor then may share the unofficial written proposal with senior staff members.
- If approved, the new location and new service may be advertised in a new RFP in accordance with the RFP protocol set forth above.
PLEASE NOTE: The process of reviewing commercial activity proposals is extensive and may involve other state agencies, such as MassDEP, Mass Historical Commission, state building and safety authorities, Mass Fish & Wildlife, etc. Please anticipate a lead time of 6 months or more for your proposal.
For More Information, email DCR.Permits@state.ma.us or call 617-626-1308 or 617-626-1481.