Water quality sampling and watershed monitoring make up an important part of the overall mission of the Division of Water Supply Protection. These activities are carried out by Environmental Quality Section staff at Wachusett Reservoir in West Boylston and at Quabbin Reservoir in Belchertown.
Annual Water Quality Reports are produced for both the Wachusett Reservoir and the Quabbin Reservoir & Ware River watersheds.
These reports detail the results of sampling performed in the tributaries and the reservoirs for bacteria, nutrients, conductivity, temperature, turbidity, algae, hydrogen ion activity and giardia/cryptosporidium. Read more.
- Monthly MWRA Water Quality Report
- Real Time Water Data for Watershed Tributaries
- Reservoir Nutrient and Plankton Dynamics
- How to Properly Dispose of Unused and Expired Pharmaceuticals
- Dog Waste and Surface Water Quality
- Aquatic Invasive Species Assessment and Management Plan (2010)
- Wachusett Aquatic Invasive Species Update (2016)
- Swimming Pools and Surface Water Quality
- Beach Water Quality
DCR Beaches Water Quality Hotline: 617-626-4972
- Household Stormwater Pollution Prevention
- Spring 2014: Quabbin Interflow file size 2MB
- Wachusett Reservoir Creel Survey Report 2011-2012