To protect, promote and enhance our common wealth of natural, cultural and recreational resources for the well-being of all.
In meeting today's responsibilities and planning for tomorrow, DCR's focus is on:
- Improving outdoor recreational opportunities and natural resource conservation
- Restoring and improving our facilities
- Expanding public involvement in carrying out DCR's mission, and
- Establishing first-rate management systems and practices.
- The health and happiness of people across Massachusetts depend on the accessibility and quality of our green infrastructure - our natural resources, recreational facilities, and great historic landscapes. The DCR continues to improve the vital connection between people and the environment.