To promote the wise use and enjoyment of the state's wildlife resources, MassWildlife offers workshops to all types of educators who work with children of all ages. Classroom teachers and aides, youth group and scout leaders, teachers-in-training and homeschool educators will all find valuable activities and information that meet their educational needs. MassWildlife programs are offered by trained volunteers across the state who are educators and have a passion for wildlife.
- Junior Duck Stamp– With the goal of increasing young people's awareness of the importance of preserving wetland habitats and the delights of wildlife, students submit artwork for a statewide art contest.
- Project WILD– This national wildlife conservation education program consists of several wildlife workshop curriculums for educators, caregivers, and other adults who work with children from pre-school through high school.
- Archery in the Schools – A national archery curriculum available for school educators –typically physical education teachers -- the aim of this program is to provide students with an exposure to a fun, alternative outdoor sport enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities.
- Massachusetts Envirothon - (external link) A natural resource education program for high school age teams of students. Sponsored by the Massachusetts Association of Conservation Districts, MassWildlife is one of many environmental agencies and organizations participating in this program.
- North American Conservation Education Strategy – A “toolbox” of materials and resources developed by state fish and wildlife agencies to support conservation educators who work with students in grades K – 12.
- <u>Linking Adults and Students to Wildlife in the Outdoors</u> –This flyer is designed to be shared with others to provide information on MassWildlife’s conservation education programs.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.