Trapper Education Course Schedule

Trapper Education is mandatory for all first-time trappers and Problem Animal Control (PAC) Agents in order to apply for a Massachusetts trap registration number. A state issued trapper education certificate from any US state is accepted.

The MassWildlife Hunter Education Program offers 3-4 trapper education courses each year in different locations across the state. Courses are typically offered in the spring, summer and fall. You may need to travel a longer distance in order to attend this course. Upon successful completion, graduates will be mailed a Certificate of Completion recognized in all U.S. states.


All 2014 Trapper Education Courses are complete. The season has ended. Check back in February when we post the start of the 2015 schedule or subscribe to be notified of courses being offered in the state.