- Beavers and the Law: A Citizens Guide to Addressing Beaver Complaints - This guide will explain, step by step, how you can seek relief if you have a conflict with beaver or muskrat. Application forms are below.
- Guidance for Boards of Health - Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) guidelines for Boards of Health implementing M.G.L. c.131, s. 80a, Threats from beaver and muskrat-related activities.
- Guidance for Conservation Commissions - Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) guidelines for Conservation Commissions concerning beaver-related work in wetlands.
- SOP - Control of Beavers Near Public Water Supply Sources - DEP standard operating procedures for determining threats by beavers to public water supplies.
- Managing Nuisance Beavers Along Roadsides - A Guide for Highway Departments
- Problem Animal Control (PAC) Agents - MassWildlife statewide list of licensed Problem Animal Control (PAC) agents.
- Beavers in Massachusetts
- Educational Leaflet: Beaver Biology & Behavior - Provided by UMass Cooperative Extension
- The Use of Water Flow Devices in Addressing Flooding Problems Caused by Beaver in Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Beaver Law - Full version of Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 131 Section 80A.
- Current Trapping & Furbearer Management Regulations - All registered trappers receive these in the mail. Hard copies are available at MassWildlife District Offices.
- Current Hunting and Fishing Abstracts file size 2MB - Hunting, and fishing season dates, bag & creel limits and all other pertinent regulations for the calendar year. You will also find important phone numbers and a brief description of wildlife education programs offered by MassWildlife. This is the same document given out to license buyers at the point of sale. Hard copies are available at all license vendor locations and MassWildlife District Offices.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.