This page provides some specific places to fish beyond the Places%20to%20Go area of the website. These fishing opportunities may be relatively new to anglers or have some kinds of restrictions regarding boating.
- Quabbin Reservoir - Background on the largest freshwater waterbody in the state including fishing and boating information. Contact DCR Division of Watershed Supply at 413/323-7221 for all the details.
- Wachusett Reservoir - Background on this second largest freshwater waterbody in the state, information from a MassWildlife creel survey and other fishing information is included. Contact DCR Division of Watershed Supply at 978/365-3272 for info on reservoir access.
- Catch & Release Areas - Only artificial lures may be used in these areas. Possession of bait is prohibited. In designated Fly Fishing Areas, all anglers must use a conventional fly rod and fly line.
- Best Bets for Bass - Largemouth, smallmouth and calico bass are found in the majority of freshwater habitats in Massachusetts, but these waters offer some of the very best bass fishing opportunities.
- Tags 'N Trout Program - This program is a cooperative venture between MassWildlife and participating clubs, businesses and other groups. Anglers who catch tagged trout receive prizes from the local sponsors of the events.
- State Park Fishing List - Most state parks bordering lakes and ponds allow fishing and some are stocked annually by MassWildlife. This page lists parks with fishing opportunities. Click on the particular property for address, phone and other useful information.
- Barrier Free Fishing - This is a listing of barrier free freshwater fishing points designed and built by the Office of Boating and Fishing Access. Some are shoreline fishing, others are fishing piers.
- Boat Ramp Facilities - A statewide listing of boat ramps from the Office of Fishing and Boating Access owned or managed by state agencies or municipalities. Some ramps may have a fee associated with them.
- Freshwater Fish Consumption Advisories -- This is an external link to the Dept. of Public Health. Advisories are posted on consumption of specific types of fish from specific water bodies for certain groups of people. Updated July 2008.