1. Season Dates: the season is open every Monday, Friday, and Saturday of each week except during the period from April 11 to June 30, inclusive, and except that the season is CLOSED during the 2-week "shotgun" deer season.
2. Zone: the crow hunting season is open statewide.
3. Falconry: Licensed falconers holding a hunting or sporting license may hunt crows by means of a falcon or other raptor during the open season as specified above.
4. Hunting Hours: Hunting hours for crows begin at ½ hour before sunrise and end at ½ hour after sunset, except on wildlife management areas stocked with pheasant or quail where the hunting hours are from sunrise to sunset.
5. Bag Limits: there are no bag limits for crows.
6. Licenses: Resident Massachusetts hunters require either a resident hunting or sporting license. Non-resident hunters require either a non-resident small game license or a non-resident big game license (a big game license includes a small game license also). No special permit is required.
7. Hunting Implements: A person may hunt crows by means of a rifle, shotgun (shot not larger than #1), handgun, or archery except:
(a) on wildlife management areas stocked with pheasant or quail, during the pheasant or quail season, crows may be hunted only by shotgun or archery.
8. Other Hunting Methods: It is lawful to hunt crows with an electronic call, or by means of bait.
This is not the entire law, and is subject to change. Refer to the Crow Hunting regulations in the Code of Massachusetts Regulations, 321 CMR 3.02(8) and to several provisions of the Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 131. See also the Code of Federal Regulations, 50 CFR 20.133.
Last Revised: 10-05-07.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Learn more on our .