The Observer Information and Certification is used to establish an electronic signature associated with your VPRS account. As with the paper forms, the NHESP cannot accept records for entry into their database without a signature. By completing this Certification form once and mailing it to the NHESP, all observation reports you submit within the VPRS system will be reviewable for acceptance into the NHESP database.
As with the paper forms, the NHESP does not accept observations that are submitted on behalf of another party unless you were present at the time of the observation. The Observer Information and Certification form signed and submitted as part of your registration applies to all observations submitted through your account. When submitting a record in VPRS you are certifying under pains and penalties of perjury that the information is true and complete, including observer information. Each account can only be tied to one user and that user is listed as the observer for all reports created under that account.
No. VPRS was built as a single-user system and is not designed for multiple users to access a single account. Multiple users accessing the same profile can actually corrupt the user profile and crash the system! If multiple users access one account, there can be no electronic signature and those records cannot be accepted by NHESP. Sharing your password with others jeopardizes the security of the system and undermines the electronic signature.
- Click here
- Click the "Recover Password" link
- Enter your User ID and click the "Continue with Recover" button
- Answer your security question and click the "Answer" button
- A new temporary password will be sent to the email address associated with your VPRS account.
- Remember to add the VPRS Recover Password email address (email@example.com) to your accepted contacts list in your email. This way you will be sure to receive your temporary password.
- Click here and enter your VPRS User ID and Password
- Click the "User Profile Update" link
- Update your profile as necessary
- To save changes either click "Update" and close your browser or click "Proceed to Login"
At any point during your report creation or after submittal, you can generate an HTML version of your VPRS report. To do so, open the desired report then click the "Print Report" button in the top left corner, as shown below.
Yes, paper forms will continue to be accepted for review by the NHESP, although we strongly encourage people to submit their observations through the VPRS system.
Yes. Using the Bulk Upload feature, you can import data which has been entered into a preformatted spreadsheet and generate multiple reports at once. Only one type of report (Plant, Animal, or Vernal Pool) can be imported at a time. The Bulk Upload feature is one of the more complex functions of the system and therefore several help guides are available both within the system itself (on the appropriate form home page) and on our website .
Yes, however there is a Copy Report feature available to users who observe multiple Plant or Animal species at the same location. This feature can be found on the bottom right the Plant and Animal home pages within the system. Attachments from your copied report will not carry into the new form, however much of the site information, including your mapped location, directions, and habitat description, are brought into your new observation report and can be edited as necessary. This feature only allows users to copy one form at a time and only to create an animal from an animal form and a plant from a plant form.
There are help documents located on each tab within the VPRS system which can be accessed by clicking the question mark icon.
Additionally, there are tutorials available on our website to walk you through each part of the system.
- Please be as detailed as possible when reporting a question, comment, or feedback.
- If you have a question about a particular report you have created in VPRS, please include the Observation # in your message.
- System feedback (comments, questions, etc.): Use the "Send Feedback" button found on your homepage once you have logged into your account.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (508) 389-6360
While the system was built for a Windows environment you can use a Mac, however, we recommend using the Safari Internet browser.
- Minimum screen resolution 1024x768 (higher strongly recommended)
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or 11
For the Mobile App:
- 10" screen, if using a Tablet
- Minimum 3G level of connectivity (direct, live connection)
- Camera support (optional)
- At least Android "Honeycomb"
How do I know what version of Adobe Flash Player I have on my computer?
Open your computer's Control Panel and click on Flash Player, a new window will open called "Flash Player Settings Manager". Click on the "Advanced" tab and the version will be listed towards the bottom of the window.
- Add the VPRS Reporting System email address (email@example.com) and the VPRS Recover Password email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your accepted contacts list in your email. This way you will be sure to receive all notifications sent from within the VPRS system.
- If you have the appropriate screen resolution and are still experiencing issues viewing the VPRS system on your computer try hitting the F11 key on your keyboard when in the VPRS web page. This should expand the page to a full-screen view. To exit this view and return to normal simply hit F11 again.