Tracking & Viewing Wildlife
- Critters of Massachusetts
A perfect gift for the curious youngster or the beginning adult naturalist with an interest in backyard wildlife and beyond.
$5.00 MassWildlife Publication Order Form
- A Field Guide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Massachusetts
The book includes detailed species accounts, photographs of common pattern and color variations, information about reptile and amphibian conservation, and a key to Sea Turtles of the North Atlantic.$10.00 Order Form MassWildlife Publications
- A Field Guide to Animals of Vernal Pools
- A Field Guide to the Dragonflies & Damselflies of Massachusetts
An Introduction to the Threatened Turtles of Massachusetts: Why They Need Our Help! (DVD - 2007)
An Introduction to the Threatened Turtles of Massachusetts is a great educational tool for teachers at all grade levels, nature centers, other educational institutions and the general public. This video provides an overview of general turtle biology, the threats that they face and suggests ways for each of us to help conserve Massachusetts' native turtles.
$5.00 Order through the Natural Heritage Program MassWildlife Publication Order Form .
- Animal Track Guide
- Species Lists
These lists of various classes of wildlife are only available online, not as a published document. They are lists that indicate population status and distribution in the state.
From Harvard Museum of Comparative Zoology
List of Massachusetts Inland Fishes , An Annotated Working List of the Inland Fishes of Massachusetts
- Beaver Publications Various publications about beavers.
- Birds in Massachusetts Checklist
- Preventing Conflicts with Wildlife Tips and guidelines for preventing and resolving problems with wildlife in your home, on your property, or in your neighborhood. Preventing Conflicts with Wildlife
- Homeowners Guide to Bats
Tips and facts about handling bats in your home and preventing bats from making their way into your home. Homeowner's Guide to Bats
- Living with Wildlife
A PDF library of the Living with Wildlife series fact sheets and articles about wildlife that answer the most inquiries by homeowners and community officials. Wildlife Fact Sheets Library
- Why Moving Wildlife is Harmful
Caring for Wildlife
- Vernal Pool Life: A Race Against Dryness Poster
This beautiful color poster was created using twenty-six photographs to depict the many animal species that depend on vernal pools. Visit a MassWildlife office for a free copy.
- Housing for Bluebirds
Visit the MassWildlife office main office for a free flyer.
- Housing Projects for Wood Ducks
Includes wood duck box plans. Homes for Wood Ducks