Tracking & Viewing Wildlife
- Critters of Massachusetts
A perfect gift for the curious youngster or the beginning adult naturalist with an interest in backyard wildlife and beyond.
$5.00 MassWildlife Publication Order Form
- A Field Guide to Reptiles Formerly a special Massachusetts Wildlife Magazine issue, this field guide features information on breeding, feeding habits, range, habitat, and conservation issues of reptiles. The guide also offers spectacular color photos of the various species including color and pattern morphs of those species with variations and a list of key features that allows you to identify any native snake and turtle (except sea turtles) found in the Bay State.
$3.00 MassWildlife Publication Order Form
- A Field Guide to Amphibians
Formerly a special Massachusetts Wildlife Magazine issue, this field guide features information on breeding, feeding habits, range, habitat, and conservation issues of amphibians. The guide also offers spectacular color photos of the various species including color and pattern morphs of those species with variations and a list of key features that allows you to identify any native salamander, frogs, and toads found in the Bay State.$3.00 Order Form MassWildlife Publications
- Snake Guide
- A Field Guide to Animals of Vernal Pools
- A Field Guide to the Dragonflies & Damselflies of Massachusetts
An Introduction to the Threatened Turtles of Massachusetts: Why They Need Our Help! (DVD - 2007)
An Introduction to the Threatened Turtles of Massachusetts is a great educational tool for teachers at all grade levels, nature centers, other educational institutions and the general public. This video provides an overview of general turtle biology, the threats that they face and suggests ways for each of us to help conserve Massachusetts' native turtles.
$5.00 Order through the Natural Heritage Program MassWildlife Publication Order Form .
- Animal Track Guide
- Furbearer Guide A laminated, fold out document that provides basic information on 14 types of fur bearing animals.You can pick up the document at a MassWildlife office.
- Species Lists
These lists of various classes of wildlife are only available online, not as a published document. They are lists that indicate population status and distribution in the state.
From Harvard Museum of Comparative Zoology
List of Massachusetts Inland Fishes , An Annotated Working List of the Inland Fishes of Massachusetts
- Beaver Publications Various publications about beavers.
- Birds in Massachusetts Checklist
- Preventing Conflicts with Wildlife Tips and guidelines for preventing and resolving problems with wildlife in your home, on your property, or in your neighborhood. Preventing Conflicts with Wildlife
- Homeowners Guide to Bats
Tips and facts about handling bats in your home and preventing bats from making their way into your home. Homeowner Guide to Bats
An article reprint from Massachusetts Wildlife Magazine. Visit a MassWildlife office for a free copy.
- An Evaluation of Deer Management Options
- Traps, Trapping & Furbearer Management in North America
Visit a MassWildlife office for a free copy.
- Living with Wildlife
A PDF library of the Living with Wildlife series fact sheets and articles about wildlife that answer the most inquiries by homeowners and community officials. Wildlife Fact Sheets Library
- Living with Eastern Coyotes Poster
11 x 17 poster with tips on ways to avoid conflicts with coyotes. Visit a MassWildlife office for a free copy.
- Why Moving Wildlife is Harmful
Caring for Wildlife
- Vernal Pool Life: A Race Against Dryness Poster
This beautiful color poster was created using twenty-six photographs to depict the many animal species that depend on vernal pools. Visit a MassWildlife office for a free copy.
- Housing for Bluebirds
Visit the MassWildlife office main office for a free flyer.
- Housing Projects for Wood Ducks
Includes wood duck box plans. Homes for Wood Ducks