30 Emerson Ave.
Gloucester, MA 01930
Tel: (978) 282-0308
Fax: (617) 727-3337
Hours: 0700-1700, M-F
Permitting Hours: 0900-1500, M-F
- Environmental Impact Assessment Program: Fisheries biologists provide comments and assessments of the environmental impact of various construction projects in the marine and estuarine environment. Review projects including dock, pier, pipeline, and waterfront construction, and power and sewerage plant discharges.
- Management Information Systems and Fisheries Statistics Project: collects, analyzes and reports catch and effort data for commercial fisheries.
- Observer (sea sampling) and Port Sampling Program: collects information on the catch and discards on commercial fishing vessels, and collects biological information on the catch through port sampling.
- Recreational and Anadromous Fisheries Management: all activities of the Recreational and Anadromous Fisheries Program are coordinated through this office.
- Sport Fish Biology - research projects are conducted that further our understanding of the biology of recreational fish.
- North Shore Anadromous Fisheries Project - provides technical assistance for fish passage issues, conducts research projects on smelt spawning.
- Shellfish Bacteriological Lab: conducts microbiological investigations in support of the classification of shellfish growing areas. Conducts testing for Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (PSP) in shellfish samples.
Take Route 128 north to first rotary (Grant Circle - actually part of Route 128). Take first right off rotary onto Washington Street. Take 5th right onto Centennial Avenue (at Georges Coffee Shop). Go over RR bridge to second right onto Emerson Avenue. The Gloucester Office is the last building on the left. Visitor parking is available in the marked spaces in front of the building on Emerson Avenue.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.