The Massachusetts Clean Vessel Act (MA-CVA) Program is administered by MarineFisheries and has been underway since 1994. Funding is provided through the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's Sportfish Restoration Program. Since the CVA program's inception, Massachusetts' harbors have put more pumpout boats in service than any other state. This extensive coverage, coupled with the many shoreside pumpout stations placed in service, provide the infrastructure needed to achieve and maintain the Commonwealth's coastal waters as a No Discharge Zone (NDZ). This downloadable brochure provides additional information on the MA-CVA Program: Clean Vessel Act Brochure file size 1MB
Find a Pumpout Location Near You:
- Interactive GoogleTM Map
- 2017 Massachusetts Pumpout Locations Downloadable Guide
How Can a Municipality or Marina Become Involved in MA-CVA?
Every year MarineFisheries applies for Federal funding to support and expand the MA-CVA Program to service the recreational boaters in coastal Massachusetts waters. Public and private marinas that are interested in installing pumpout stations or purchasing and deploying pumpout boats as part of the MA-CVA Program should contact Cecil French, the MA-CVA Program Coordinator. He can help assess pumpout needs, discuss eligibility requirements, and assist with the Grant Application Form . In order to include infrastructure needs in our Federal funding proposal, all requests must be received by the MA-CVA Program no later than one month prior to the Federal proposal deadline (usually in the Fall season).
Forms for CVA Reimbursement Invoicing:
- CVA Billing Instructions
- CVA Invoice Checklist and Submittal Form
- CVA Pumpout Log A pumpout log must accompany invoice submissions to be eligible for reimbursement
- Daily Narrative Report & Affidavit An affidavit must be provided every time pumpout labor reimbursement is requested
- To report an issue with a pumpout location or to have pumpout guides sent to you or your facility, please contact: Cecil French or Maren Olson
- Click here for US Fish and Wildlife Service CVA Overview
- Massachusetts Coastal Zone Management No Discharge Zones (NDZs)